Please help, paypal shows transaction complete but ebay says "processing"

rhona
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can somebody help please

I paid for an item on ebay using paypal.  According to my paypal account the transaction is complete

But according to ebay the transaction is still processing and the seller hasn't been paid

I tried asking ebay for help but they said it's a paypal problem

They did check to see if there is an issue with my email address and there isn't

I've never had this problem before, and I don't want to bid for further items if I can't use paypal to pay for them

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

pamelak66
Contributor
Contributor

ive been having the same prob im been bitting my lip all day i had a payment stopped with paypals internal security system. nothing to do with me now none of my payment are going through i dont no what to do if you have solved it can you let me no dont seem to be getting much help here

Login to Me Too

rhona
Contributor
Contributor

Well - I heard from paypal that the payment has definately gone through, contacted the seller and they are happy that they have the funds.

Ebay is still showing the payment as "being processed"

Ebay help said it's a paypal problem

Paypal help said it's an ebay problem

I've rather lost patience, the payment's gone through and the seller's happy so I'm going to leave it. 

Login to Me Too

welshclick
New Community Member

Hi

I have the same problem.

Paypal shows payment completed but seller has not received the payment.

Seller has contacted paypal and confirmed no issues with his account.

I am at a loss as to what to do now

Please help if you can.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there welshclick,

The seller needs to contact us directly if they have issues seeing this payment. 

If it shows as completed on your end then the payment has gone through, contact the seller & let them know letter by letter what email address you sent the payment to as even a slight spelling error would mean the payment is pending.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

sunset_dusk
Contributor
Contributor

Ive just sent money from my paypal but the receipent says he has not not received it. The payment is marked as complete on my end. What can be done????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Double check the email address you sent it to and make sure it was absolutely correct, then come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sunset_dusk
Contributor
Contributor

It was the right address because this time i got sent an invoice and ive had to pay again. Is there any way in knowing whats happened. Is the person ive sent the money to lying to me????

Login to Me Too

0x002Ah
New Community Member

Hi all, it seems to me that I have the similar situation. I have paid for one item and paypal says that transaction to the seller is complete, but eBay says that "Your Mar 13-13 payment is being processed through PayPal". Seller says "payment status shows as pending(has not been cleared yet)".

At first I thought that it is normal and we simply need to wait couple more days, but PayPal_Siobhán`s post implies that if PayPal says that transfer has been completed than seller should be able to see the payment. Now I am completely confused.

Could anyone clear this for me?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi 0x002Ah,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting!

As we cannot check into accounts specifically through the Community Forum, we try and offer general advice as best we can. Based on the information that has been provided in this post so far, it sounds like the sellers may have used email addresses on their listings that are not registered on their PayPal account. This can happen through human error (typing .com instead of .co.uk) or by not reviewing the “How you’d like to be paid” section on the ebay listing.

If an incorrect email address is used on a listing, the buyer can make the payment and it will either show as “Unclaimed” if the email address isn’t confirmed on the account or will show as “Completed” if the email address is active on the account.

If your seller is having difficulty locating the payment on their side when the transaction is showing as “Complete”, I’d recommend copying and pasting the email address from the Completed payment in a message to the seller on ebay so they can see where the payment has completed to. Alternatively, if the seller contacts PayPal, we can assist them directly with locating the transaction.

I hope this helps,
Maria 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.