Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

catherineoxley
Contributor
Contributor

I hear you!! I have had Ebay and PayPal accounts for over 12 years!!! I have 100% perfect feedback at 598 and I have NEVER had a complaint on either website and they are holding my money!! What a royal crock of $#$%! I would drop them in a heartbeat if I knew there was another payment service. This is crap!!!!

Login to Me Too

plastecprofiles
Contributor
Contributor

Try Google CheckoutSmiley LOL

Login to Me Too

critter52
Contributor
Contributor

apparently they don't read any of these or they would know how unhappy everyone is ! I've had my account for years with 100% feedback and lo and behold I sold an item , she left fast shipping ,item as described ...month later pay pal is holding my money! as she resold it and said they complained on her  so she filed a complaint  , item was returned to me in less than the condition I sent it  and some things missing ! I am so upset with paypal it left me with no protection at all . I have no idea how she described it , where she sold it , what they did to it  or anything else. I can't wait to cut up my card and be done with them both!

Login to Me Too

jarilynmarie
Contributor
Contributor

O M G   I'm outta here

Login to Me Too

jofen2539

Paypal will hold money for up two weeks

Login to Me Too

BERSERK_GUTS
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, I am fairly new to Ebay and Paypal, think i've had it almost 2 months, basically every single item that I have sold and got the money from has had to stay in my paypal account for up to 21 days OR if i get feedback from the person who bought the item... so here I am selling numerous amounts of stuff on eBay and not getting my money from MY STUFF unless i can rely on the idiot buyer leaving me feedback (which they dont ever seem to have the respect to) or waiting the full 21 days... luckily in my bank account I have money to pay for the postage and packaging so I dont rely on the money from the item to pay for that, but still for example one serious problem I have had is where I have had to pay for ebay seller fees and paypal are holding my money for the full 21 days because as of yet no feedback has been left, therefore when they go to take the seller fees (no money in paypal account) they go to my primary source bank account and having not enough funds in there ( by about 40p btw) they have reversed it, so because of ******G ebay people not leaving me my feedback (ive sold them really good items aswell) and paypal not giving me my money straight away i've had to go through some lame long thing of trasnferring money into my bank and making a one time payment just to pay my seller fees, CONVENIENT enough that its at 20 days so i should get my funds tomorrow, but surely they could have noted this down and waited untill tomorrow taken the seller fees out then i can go about my buisness, but isntead having to take it out of my bank account... just my opinion but there absolute %*&£!?" and im so very angry with both ebay and paypalfor not giving me MY rightfully earned money...

oh and another thing the seller fees, the final fees and paypal fees **bleep** @$£!!!!! cannot believe they would charge you that much

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I leave any payments in my account for at least 2 weeks anyway.

If the item is lost in the post and you have to refund the buyer, how can you do it if you have taken all the cash out of your paypal balance?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BERSERK_GUTS
Contributor
Contributor

its not refudning thats the problem, its the fact that i cant access my money for 21 days or untill feedback is left, not to mention that paypal say its because im a new seller when its clearly just because they want to earn interest
and i dont give the option for refunds or returns on my items and a buyer will see that when bidding or buying, therefore i dont have that problem anyway, if they got a problem with it then i can't help, all my stuff is decribed perfectly (mostly reworked clothing items) and any problems i feel the clothes may have is stated, so i cant issue refunds anyway... its just paypal holding my money is doing my head in and casuing me a lot of financial problems, when im young and rely on this money for a lot of stuff!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hmmm not sure stating no refunds will help.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is one persons word against the other and often the buyer gets preference so you would be forced to refund once the buyer has sent the item back to you.

If you say you are not a new seller and have over 100 selling feedback give paypal a call and find out why they are still holding your payments. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BERSERK_GUTS
Contributor
Contributor

i dont have a problem where i have to issue refunds, its not that, what im saying is that im not receiving my money because the buyer hasnt left feedback, if they dont leave feedback then i have to wait 21 days before paypal give me my money.

ive never had a problem where i have had to issue a refund, but on my ebay pages ive stated that there are no returns on it , which is my right to do as a seller, but like i said thats not the ssue, its just annoying that paypal have held my money then ive had to pay some of my seller fee's and they havent released my money untill the 21days is up and now i have to send them money from my bank account!
so frustrating

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.