Not receiving emails from PayPal

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

We've been operating paypal on our website for a fair few years now, and in general very few issues.

However about 2 weeks ago, we stopped receiving payment confirmation emails.

I've checked my account settings - they are set up with the correct email addresses - I've tested the email accounts - no errors, and we're receiving all the other emails with no problems. They aren't going to spam, they simply aren't being received.

Is the issue at PayPal's end, because it's not at ours!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

RyanAU86
New Community Member

As of 9:45pm tonight I am also having this issue all of a sudden; I got no confirmation email for an invoice that was paid where last in the past I recieved the email promptly after the customer paid and also no email after withdrawing funds to bank which I also usually get no issues. Not in spam, not in junk not in deleted, paypal is on safe sender list not blocked and all settings/emails are working and correct on my account have used it for a decade no issue with paypal emails until tonight.

Please fix as having a record of transactions is very important to me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi All,

Thank you for posting!

We’re very sorry for any inconvenience caused by not receiving payment notifications.

We’re currently experiencing technical issues with sending payment notifications on some of the accounts. Our Technical Support Team is actively working to resolve the issue. We would like to ask you for patience.

In the meantime we would like to recommend you to continue confirming received payments with your PayPal activity.

Thank you for understanding.

Anna

Login to Me Too

HeatherStormy
Contributor
Contributor

Has there been any update to this problem? I only use my Paypal card for purchases as then I get the email and write them in my checkbook. It had been a great system for me

Login to Me Too

DanGilbertTX
Contributor
Contributor

We have not been receiving emails from PayPal for over a week now. Has anyone else had any resolution?

Login to Me Too

vitruvius
Contributor
Contributor

This resembles the "known unknowns" problem.

If you get no notifications you KNOW you've got no notifications.
(The fault is obvious)

Its getting SOME notifications that really causes trouble.
(The fault is concealed)

Example:

I Sell 12 items on eBay.

I get 11  payment  notifications BUT not the the twelfth.

What the What!!

Can Mr PayPal explain?

Login to Me Too

Jennifer6503
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, but we had a lot of transactions that weekend, and several more during the week that we did not receive any email notices on.  In the past whenever we sent an invoice out, received a payment from that invoice, or received payments through paypal here, we received notices via email regarding the transaction.  Then all of the sudden nothing.  I called paypal, and they said they were aware of the problem and were fixing it.  Problem is, after reading posts to the cummunity help forum, this has been happening to others off and on, so it isn't a new problem.  We have gone through all our settings, and nothing has changed.

Login to Me Too

HeatherStormy
Contributor
Contributor

Weird, out of the blue, mine started working again this morning. They have changed the format of the emails, so I think this was something up on their end.

Login to Me Too

BBA2
Contributor
Contributor

Same here...

Just called support.. Noticed this last month, however, just thought I had trashed it by mistake..

Today, there were several orders in my account (just happened to login)... which I never received notifications of order nor payment!.

Using paypal buttons so no cart issues..Waiting to see what tech support finds out..

Login to Me Too

GrahamMarsden
Contributor
Contributor

I've just started having this same problem.

Usually, when I sell something through eBay I get a "You've sold your eBay Item..." e-mail followed by one saying "Item no. nnnnnn - Notification of an Instant Payment Received from (name) (e-mail address)"

In the past couple of days, however, I'm not getting the "Notification of Instant Payment Received" which is a nuisance because I print those off for the customer's order and address details.

These messages are not being filtered into Junk Mail or any other folders by my system and I have all e-mails from PayPal allowed in my settings, so the Notifications are either not being sent out by PayPal in the first place or they're being filtered out somewhere along the line before they reach my mail server.

This is very annoying and is something that PayPal needs to a) look into ASAP and b) reply to promptly because it is causing problems for their customers.

Login to Me Too

pacificsun1
Contributor
Contributor

NO SECRET ...This has been goin on for 3 years.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.