Miss spelt email address please help?!

JamieG80
New Community Member
Hi all. I recently sold an item on ebay and being newbie sent it while payment was pending. I have since noticed I miss spelt googlemail as googemail. Obviously the payment isn't going to reach me. I have tried adding googemail to my list of PayPal email addresses but cannot confirm the address as googemail doesn't exist. How can I claim the money? Please help.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

looking25
Contributor
Contributor

Ive sold a item on ebay and it is saying payment pending i click on the view paypay transaction on ebay screen take me to paypal login screen but it says invalid transaction id the buyer has contacted paypay themselves and the have confirmed the money has been sent but it need to be claimed by the seller which is me whats going on please help

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"The transaction ID in your link is invalid."

* Have you recently changed your PayPal Password? If yes, go to your ebay account, unlink your paypal then re link it. Once you do it asks for paypal email and paypal password.

* Check your email addresses both in eBay and PayPal, make sure they match. You could have an old address listed and the payment was sent to that old address.

* Is you PayPal email address confirmed. For example, you recently changed your PayPal email address or added a second email address and did not confirm it.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The buyer will end up getting the funds back assuming the status of the payment remains in an "unclaimed" status.   You should let the buyer know what is going on at this point.  From your end, there's not much you can do other than get your email address setup properly.

Login to Me Too

JamieG80
New Community Member
I have contacted them but they have gone silent. I have sold another item the same day and that all went through fine. Do ebay automatically add your email for PayPal. I can't remember. If they don't get in contact after receiving the item where do I stand legally?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.