Maestro card

milne4517
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help me resolve a problem with my Maestro card.  The rules seem to have changed and my card is now being refused with message advising that "solo" cards are not now accepted.  I thought my switch Maestro card was OK - any help please?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Foxelle
New Community Member

All I see to add is Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. It doesn't show Maestro. Help? 😧

Login to Me Too

jzpakka
Contributor
Contributor

same for me

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi jzpakka, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

On PayPal we do offer the option to a Maestro card for certain countries. When you are adding your card the CVV number on the back is optional and if you don't have one then just leave the space blank. If you are still unable to add it please contact our team directly. 

To contact us please click on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Please let us know how you get on 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

alinavolodina
New Community Member

I can't use Maestro either! The option is not there, looks like it used to be there before...

Login to Me Too

Picula2410
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, can't add Maestro to my account, is it disabled or what happend?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Picula2410,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting!

Can I ask, what country do you currently reside in? The types of cards you can add to your PayPal account depend on the country you have opened your PayPal account in. If you click on this link and select your country, you will see the different cards that you can add.

I hope this helps!

Maria 

Login to Me Too

kanec
New Community Member

Im registered in slovakia and I cannot add my maestro card. It doesnt have any secutiry 3 digit code.

Login to Me Too

COnst

When i log in to my acc the option isnt showing again

Login to Me Too

Snissel
New Community Member

Hello

I live in The Netherlands, and i am using ING.

It is a maestro card, and it doesn't have a cvv code on the back side.

Also, if i enter my card number, it said that there is an problem.

Please help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Snissel,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

Maestro cards are no compatible with PayPal I'm afraid however you can add this as a bank account instead. All you need to do is you click on the "add bank" option and enter your the details. Be sure to enter your IBAN number to ensure it works correctly.

Please let us know how you get on as it may help other members.

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.