Irrelevant currency conversion

AppDeveloperCZ
Contributor
Contributor

I have my bank account in USD and a card connected to it.

My default and only currecy set on PayPal is USD.

I want to pay USD bill.

Why does PayPal force me to use conversion USD --> CZK --> USD ???

It says: PayPal Conversion Rate as of Jul 20, 2012: 1 Czech Koruna = 0.0462712 U.S. Dollars

which means, that PayPal detects different currencies, nevertheless there is only one relevant currency USD.

I found an information that there used to be the currency setting for every credit card on my account, but now there isn't any. Does it mean, that PayPal sets the currency of my credit card to CZK only because I have the address in Czech Republic?

Can I change the currency in which PayPal bills my credit card connected to USD account?

Why does PayPal ignore my default currecy setting USD?

Thanks for your answers and advices.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AppDeveloperCZ
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved it by contacting PayPal.

Their answer:

"When you add a credit card to your PayPal account, it is automatically registered as denominated in your local currency CZK. This is our standard procedure as your card issuer does not inform us what the actual currency is.

To update the currency we use to charge your credit card, please reply to this email with the following information:

• The last two digits of the credit card affected.
  • The currency you want to use for your credit card.

Until we update the currency for your credit card, you should complete the following steps when you send a payment:

1. Click ‘Other Conversion Options’ on the ‘Review Your Payment’ page.
  2. Choose ‘Bill me in the currency listed on the seller’s invoice.’ Select this option to ensure that your credit card is charged in the currency you want."

So they could change the currency in which they bill your credit card, you just have to tell them. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

AppDeveloperCZ
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved it by contacting PayPal.

Their answer:

"When you add a credit card to your PayPal account, it is automatically registered as denominated in your local currency CZK. This is our standard procedure as your card issuer does not inform us what the actual currency is.

To update the currency we use to charge your credit card, please reply to this email with the following information:

• The last two digits of the credit card affected.
  • The currency you want to use for your credit card.

Until we update the currency for your credit card, you should complete the following steps when you send a payment:

1. Click ‘Other Conversion Options’ on the ‘Review Your Payment’ page.
  2. Choose ‘Bill me in the currency listed on the seller’s invoice.’ Select this option to ensure that your credit card is charged in the currency you want."

So they could change the currency in which they bill your credit card, you just have to tell them. Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi AppDeveloperCZ, 

Thank you for your update. I am sure it will prove helpful for others. 

Please feel free to come back again 

Kudos to you

Paula 

Login to Me Too

glichtenstein
New Community Member

Hello there,

I am having the same problem in ARG,

The Argentine peso currency is not available for currency conversion in the menu options you have pointed but on the other hand the conversion is available and made to pesos when you pay via paypal and it shows that I will be charged in pesos but then when the bill came it was reconverted to dollars in my creditcard balance. I do not know why it was re-converted back to USD and charged to me in USD instead of pesos.

How can I contact paypal to let them know that I need to pay in dollars but be charged in pesos, Is this possible?

Thank you very much for your time and help,

Best

G.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.