I have been charged $18 from pitney Bowes inc

triplexxx
Contributor
Contributor
Bought an item on eBay paid the full amount postage and shipping but I had to pay pitney Bowes inc another $18 when he is shipping directly to me so I should not have been charged this
Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

JanTichy
New Community Member

Hi,

I have bought an item from the US after a very long time. and I have been hit by a surgarge from Pitney Bowes too. 

Bought an item for 42 USD, paid 25 USD postage listed by the seller and on top of that, 18 USD to PItney Bowes for god knows what. Next Tuesday, when the item arrives, I will inform you about the next step, which I am quite sure will be some kind of legal action against eBay - not sure what yet. 

It is outrageous - I have no idea what I have paid for. 

This, however, discourages me from using eBay a lot now - such fraudulet behaviour is seriously bad for an organisaton with so much history! 

Truth be told, the GSP surcharge was visible in the description the whole time, although to be really honest, I am not a 100% sure. 

So be careful out there.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JanTichy

Its your customs charge for importing an item from the US into the UK.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bilal-Kay
Contributor
Contributor

Do you work for paypal ? 

Login to Me Too

nielcsa7

Hello!

I've been charged $81,79 by Pitney Bowes inc for nothing! It's horrific

so there was no successful transaction for buying, the site denided my card,

but they managed to stole me It seems.

What can the Palpal able to do? 

Login to Me Too

imagine

i ordered from several different sellers,  i got 2 seperate charges from pitney bowes, ok so this i have figured which 2 orders these relate to, both are from uk to and say

This item will be sent through the Global Shipping Programme and includes international tracking deliver to ireland.

international Priority Shipping to Ireland.

and there are no import charges, but a postal charge,

they both have a tracking no/ on the orders that start UPAAA  followed with numbers,

all my other orders are different shipping and no charges for these by pitney bowes,

so it seems best to check before ordering, who the eller is using for their post,

i certainly will

Login to Me Too

Daysontheroad
Contributor
Contributor
I too was scammed and fleeced an additional 10.17 GBP for an item sold on EBay in Great Britain. The item - a 45 record was sold at auction for 5.00 GBP and additional shipping cost of another 3.00 GBP. After the auction the seller sent me a message on EBay asking me to confirm the postal address they would post the item to me. After I made payment by PayPal a receipt arrived in an email message that informed me that I had paid the seller the 8.00 GBP for the item including shipping costs to Australia. The email then stated that PayPal had made an additional payment to Pitney Bowes of 10.17 GBP, which both I nor the seller were ever informed would happen. I never authorised PayPal to make this payment from my credit card to Pitney Bowes, and since EBay and PayPal have been split off as separate companies, it does not give PayPal any legal right to make payment to Pitney Bowes because at no time did I ever authorise PayPal to make any hidden payments from my credit card account. Even if there is some clause in any eBay contract to allow a third party such as Pitney Bowes in the transaction it does not waive any legal obligation PayPal has to not allow unauthorised payments to any third party from a person's credit card via PayPal. I have basically been fleeced an extra 10.17 GBP above the cost of buying the item from the seller and paying the seller to ship it to me. The seller is shipping the item directly to me in Australia and it has nothing whatsoever to do with Pitney Bowes who are apparently based somewhere in Erlanger, Kentucky, USA. I believe that eBay receives a financial kickback from Pitney Bowes for each and every payment received by them from the unsuspecting buyers. The seller is shipping the item I purchased directly to me in Australia and Pitney Bowes has nothing whatsoever to do with the delivery of this item from England to Australia. In the end it is nothing more that a fraudulent payment and unauthorised use of my credit card. I have filed a PayPal dispute and am sure they will make a biased decision in favour of Pitney Bowes, so I intend to go to my bank and request that the unauthorised payment to Pitney Bowes using my credit card be the subject of a bank transaction reversal. PayPal will have no further say in the matter once my bank decides that my credit card was used for an unauthorised transaction.
Login to Me Too

Daysontheroad
Contributor
Contributor
I found a successful way to receiving a full refund of the funds stolen by Pitney Bowes. Firstly I filed a PayPal dispute that someone made an unauthorised transaction using my credit card because payments I make using PayPal are made via my credit card that is linked to my PayPal account. Then immediately after filing the PayPal dispute I contacted the seller via eBay and requested them to cancel the transaction of the item. The seller agreed to cancel the sale and PayPal very quickly emailed me back stating that I had been refunded the 8.00 GPB paid to the seller. PayPal then very quickly backed off about the 10.17 GBP that had been paid to Pitney Bowes and sent an email to both me and Pitney Bowes that they had decided the PayPal dispute in my favour and decided to issue a full refund of the stolen money. Their decision to chicken out and refund me instead of decide in favour of Pitney Bowes is because normally PayPal does not find in favour of matters relating to shipping charges, but because the transaction or purchase of the item was cancelled they were forced to refund me the entire amount stolen by Pitney Bowes and eBay. So this was how I received a full refund. I had checked to see how much shipping was being charged by sellers in Great Britain to ship a similar item to Australia and it was nothing more than the 3.00 GBP that I had paid the seller, so Pitney Bowes were nothing more than a middle man that profits from unsuspecting buyers who become victims of Pitney Bowes and their accomplice EBay. SOLUTION TO PROBLEM - REQUEST SELLER TO CANCEL TRANSACTION. You stolen money is then refunded by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Bilal-Kay
Contributor
Contributor

I have got my 26.19$ back from Pitney Brown,Inc . You need to make the seller to cancel the order and you will automatically get back that additional cost from Pitney Brown,Inc that you did NOT agree on !!!

My seller was not aware of that extra cost and did not really believe me. After cancelling order ,my seller did see additional cost and got very frustrated over that it was not part of deal.

Wish you all best luck on this issue 

Login to Me Too

TheRoaringLion
Contributor
Contributor
I have been charged too for no reason I'm going to revert and ask for a reason for this this is just unacceptable.
Login to Me Too

LethalZack

I too got hit with a charge of 9,49 euro's my order has allready shipped so its too late to get my money back. I have always baught items on ebay and this is the first time i got hit with a charge like this. Is there anything else we can do? Honestly they did not charge too much so i dont really care but if i can get my money back that would be nice indeed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.