How long does a "Payment under review" take to finish / confirm?

Tfgreenacre
New Community Member

I've just recieved a payment from someone for a virtual service, he has sent the payment in norwegian currency, while i haven't used this one on my Skype before. Next to the payment it has a red flag saying Under Review, i've read up on this so i have a basic idea of what it means. But what i'm wondering is.

Is it safe to accept the payment now? Could this be some kind of scam? What are the dangers to me?

And how long does it take for this process to finish? On paypal it says "up to 24 hours" but its been longer then that

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No way of knowing...sorry.

However is it an ebay item? If so then it could be under review as you are not allowed to sell digital downloads under ebay rules.

If its not then you will just have to wait it out.  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tfgreenacre
New Community Member

Thanks for the response, but no its not an ebay item. 😞

Login to Me Too

JasonRenn
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. I was just transferring funds from one of my PP accounts to one which i could withdraw from and now the payment is under review. I sent the funds saying 'Gift payment', so i dont know why my money is being held from me... So frustrating!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can only have 2 paypal accounts if one is personal and one premier/business.

If you have 2 personal or 2 premier/business that could be why they are querying it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.