HOW CAN WE TAKE PAYPAL TO THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN ?

borris12
Contributor
Contributor

how can customers of paypal take a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman ?

as the Customer Service at Paypal is proving totally useless and not helpful,

THEY JUST TELL US DIFFERENT STORIES AS TO WHAT WENT WRONG AND OFFER NO CERTAIN DATE AS TO WHEN IT WILL BE RESOLVED,

they have my money and i want the Ombudsman to find out where it has gone and what paypal have done to recompense cusomers hurt by this major issue at paypal,

i am going to telephone the Ombudsman on Monday morning to get the ball rolling as what paypal are getting away with is dreadful !

and costing people hundreds of pounds until they actually care and give people their money back with interest,

can any one give me advise please ?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just curious as to why would you want to bother?

It's YOUR choice to use this service.

If it's not working for you, then simply don't use it.  This is no different from any other service, organization or business you would deal with. 

Login to Me Too

borris12
Contributor
Contributor

it is my money paypal have in their bank account

they are so arrogant when you speak to Customer Services even when speaking to a Supervisor @ Paypal

they have no interest in your complaint

they just say you will have to wait until the 16th April at least because that is the legal 8 day limit from when my issue started on the 8th April

from what i have read on the forums an awful lot of people have been affected yet they still did not warn any paypal customers of an issue,

they just kept taking peoples money yet did not know when this money would hit peoples accounts

this is wrong surely !!

i will ask the Financial Ombudsman tomorrow morning and i will inform people on here on what they tell me and what people affected can do !!

Login to Me Too

84smb
Hi there borris12, did PayPal pay the money back into your account in the end, I have the same problem with them, I should have received the money off them way over a week ago and there's still nothing showing. PAYPAL I hope your reading this because I am not letting this rest until YOU have Paid me.
Login to Me Too

residenteviltwo
Contributor
Contributor

Please think before you speak. That comment you replied with is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

borris12
Contributor
Contributor

please explain why my comments are so wrong ??

they are true to my situation nothing added

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

borris12, don't think the above poster was referring to you.

However I think making a complaint will be a waste of time as paypal are not regulated by the FSA, they are regulated in Luxemborg.

Also there are many clauses in their legal agreements to cover this problem so you can't complain........thats why they have lawyers.

But I remember the early ebay days where you had to wait 4-5 days for a cheque to arrive in the post then another 3 days for it to clear before you got your money so a few extra days very occasionally when there is a "glitch" is not the end of the world in my opinion.

But I do think paypal could put a thread on the board explaining what the problem is and apologising and giving folks a "sorted out" date would be good.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

borris12
Contributor
Contributor

if you was using paypal as a business

and you transferred money that did not clear

you would be quite peeved i would have thought

waiting 8-10 would be quite a worry i would imagine

they should have told csutomers earlier

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

if you was using paypal as a business

and you transferred money that did not clear

you would be quite peeved i would have thought

I am an ebay seller and have often had to wait for funds that have been pending. Tad annoying yes, but then who said selling was ever straightforward?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lyndamarie
Contributor
Contributor

Well just let paypal admit they have lost our money which they have natwest told me my money was accepted by paypal at 3.45am wednesday morning and yes ive rung paypal up lots this week and I will keep using them apart from this which I am real angry about its been fine 135 pounds is a lot of money and lots of others are real angry too so I dont blame people for venting on here, paypal could have said and owned up to this before saturday

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.