Error code #10417

j-souter
New Community Member

Hello. I am trying to pay for an item on ebay and I am getting the message :

We were not able to process your payment.
Please contact PayPal customer service for further assistance.
Error code #10417
I am well within my credit limit on my credit card and have made perchases on ebay with it before. I will get negative feedback because paypal will not allow my payment to be made.
I have 100% feedback so far and wish to keep that going.
This needs to be sorted prety soon.

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

cashaber

ATTN!!!!!     this error code Error code: 70047 10417   usually comes up because the Visa MC or whatever company your CC is ... not your bank but your bank can help.....   this is called a child block  usually happens when you use your card thru PP more than 3 times in 1 day.   the block will be removed in 24 hours. or call your bank and have them remove it.

your bank/CC company can actually decline international purchases as well... this is not paypal but your CC or bank.

p.s. I was ebaying today and used PP 3 times today and this happened on the 4th time. I do not claim to have all the answers but this is my exp

Login to Me Too

Pinkbun17
New Community Member

Urg, I am also getting the same error, and was able to pay for things 'til a couple days ago. What the heck Paypal?!

So unhappy right now. D:<

Login to Me Too

saligator
Contributor
Contributor

12-23-2012.. used paypal for 8 years no problems.  for 5 days ive gotten error code 10417 cannot process and cannot pay for my items.  i tried to add a new card but got " cant process this transaction".  called paypal and they say its a glitch. even my paypal mastercard was frozen and they couldnt tell me why.... i see a lt of the same thing with others..  im jumping off the paypal wagon and going to use other alternatives

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there saligator, 

This error code means your payment is being declined by your card issuer. 

For reasons as to why you will need to contact them directly!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Ginner
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure why paypal moderator hasnt said but i found out i got this message when i made my first purchase on my phone and tried to pay on my PC.Obviously for security,so i had to pay on my phone and it accepted it straight away

Login to Me Too

callyn
New Community Member

How I can pay by phone?

Login to Me Too

snowgurl_5

You keep saying the same thing but obviously it isn't the case! TO THE MOD!

Login to Me Too

lenert77
New Community Member

I just started getting the same code and my card is not from a bank.  I have one of those Walmart prepaid debit cards that I use solely for online purchases.  What should I do?

Login to Me Too

Stressed-24-7

I have got the same issues as j-souter; I have 7 items in my basket but cannot use my bank account or my unrelated credit card, so cannot be their fault; never had a problem in 14 years! Sort it out Paypal!

Login to Me Too

mel42

My daughter has been trying to pay for items in her basket and has the same error code. I then logged in to try and buy them for her and again I have the same error code - cannot see how these are the bank problem but Paypal. There seems to be issues on this subject so come on Paypal sort it out!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.