Error code #10417

j-souter
New Community Member

Hello. I am trying to pay for an item on ebay and I am getting the message :

We were not able to process your payment.
Please contact PayPal customer service for further assistance.
Error code #10417
I am well within my credit limit on my credit card and have made perchases on ebay with it before. I will get negative feedback because paypal will not allow my payment to be made.
I have 100% feedback so far and wish to keep that going.
This needs to be sorted prety soon.

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

ziggycat1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting this error code, and I'm paying by paypal balance & bank transfer - so I don't think you can blame that on a declined card!

Login to Me Too

saligator
Contributor
Contributor

what a joke.  i tried to pay with my paypal mastercard which i never use and has a 0 balance and it wouldnt go through.  i called paypal and i was told my paypal card was temporarily frozen but no explanation, just try later.  i even tried to add a new card and it wouldnt process.. i was told its a glitch and try back.  im leaving paypal

Login to Me Too

Dinoemme
New Community Member
Yeah......right i just logged on to my account and find out that paypal wants me to setup a direct debit???? for What reason? Do you want my house key too do you wantto take mycar as well ?? Common.......
Login to Me Too

Cloudcrusher
Contributor
Contributor

I am also getting error code #10417 and I know I have enough on my card because I just put the money on It should be going through but I keep getting this error message

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Cloudcrusher, 

This is the error message received when your card decline a payment. 

It is not always an issue with funds being available, there are many reasons why your card company might decline a payment but you will need to contact them directly for the reason why.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

littlemissgcat
Contributor
Contributor

I made a paypal payment a few weeks ago without a problem and have used my card several times today, so why stop working now? There is NO reason why my card should be declined

Login to Me Too

littlemissgcat
Contributor
Contributor
Don't know if this helps anyone but I still can't pay via PayPal On my laptop but can on my iPhone - I'm going to try deleting all cookies from my laptop and then buying something else from eBay via PayPal - fingers crossed.
Login to Me Too

nickthetrick

Yep, me too, I've got the same problem with error code 10417. Have used the same card several times before on Paypal without a problem. Don't want to use a different card as Paypal message advised. Will try again later but imagine this could be nuisance if purchase was urgent.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there nickthetrick, 

This error code means the card you are using is being declined by your card issuer.

You will need to contact your bank directly for the reason why.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

GDParrot
New Community Member

I received this same error today with two different cards. I spoke to both issuers and there was no issue with the card, no lock, no declination. In one case, the bank verified that the payment request was not even being submitted on their end for approval. Now what?!? I am goinjg to get negative feedback on ebay beacuse of this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.