Ecrater Scam/Fraud

Heart4Art
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought * From Ecrater.com*  ( mind you went through ALOT of trouble just to get the money in my paypal account to buy this item) Everything was fine and he said he'd even do a two day shipping because of all the hassle. well I kept nagging him for the tracking number and this is where it starts getting stupid. He said it wouldn't ship, that UPS wouldnt let him pay with his business card. after about 3 days I decided to check and see(he said he was a privately owned *Overstock* employer) If he really was from the real overstock..low and behold he's not. 1 day later he decides he's going to give me a refund back. the full of course. but guess what happens..because of the rediculous 1 week delay of holding the money(The FAULT of paypal), *this is my thought* He took the money out of his paypal then out of his bank and just ran away. Now i'm waiting for the slow SLOW process of getting my money back i've already lost around 15$ just for transaction fees to get that money into my account, I still have no item nor any money to get one. i'm very frustrated that this is taking forever to resolve because it's not that hard to figure out he's not going to answer you back and he's definately a scammer considering that i've talked to him throughout this whole thing and then after I reported him to overstock I haven't heard a word since...

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

VICVICVIC
Contributor
Contributor

So ecrtater didnt scam you....somebody you dealt with did.....because i dont see any problem you had with ecrater noted

Login to Me Too

jdude147

hardhat31

I just tried to use eCRATER. Nothing but scams. I laugh about some of the posts on this thread...we should give this website chances and ignore the scammers... no we shouldnt. eCRATER is doing nothing to combat the problem...even when you turn the scam in...Even craigslist will take action if you turn scams in. eCRATER has tried to hold itself as an alternative to ebay but it will never be close. ebay actively deals with complaints and scams, something eCRATER will never do.

NEVER USE eCRATER, YOU WILL REGRET IT !!!!!!!!! if you do, make sure you use paypay and not just a credit card for protection....

Login to Me Too

blaumann
New Community Member

After selling on ebay and via mail order for many years i have just opened an ecrtaer store. I will take care of business the same way I always have. It is disheartining ro hear all of these negative experiences.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.