Cant change to a business account

brwebcons
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have tried several times to change our account from a premier account to a business account.

We have previously contacted support about this but went around in circles and they could not help in the end and told us to just use it as premier instead.

If we go to edit our personal information and select upgrade, we get an error that our company registration number is not valid. Howerver the box to edit it is blanked out (however our company number does appear correct)

Can anyone advise what to do? We want to upgrade our account for business use as we have been using it for a limited company for quite some time,

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_paula

Hi brwebcons,

This is a known issue at the moment in relation to upgrading accounts. It is due to be fixed over the next couple of days. I would suggest that you try to upgrade your account in a few days time and you should be able to do it no problem.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

brwebcons
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I left this quite a while before trying again but it is still not working.

Very annoying as you have to fill the whole form out every time to try 😞

Perhaps someone can call me who is aware of this bug and can do it from your end? That would be cool.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi brwebcons,

As far as I was aware this was resolved. I have contacted our technical team to see if I can get an update for you. We are also unable to upgrade accounts from our end either.

I will post an update as soon as I have one.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

brwebcons
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paula,

Thanks for getting back to me. Just tried again and it will won't let me upgrade.

Did you hear back from the techs?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

brwebcons
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on this its been months?

Login to Me Too

WisdomOfSource
New Community Member

I have been trying to do this for the past two years without any success. I always get the standard answe rthat there is a temporary problem that PayPal are aware of; they will have it fixed in a few days time.   Yawn...  Sorry to say that I have just tried again without success.

I want to do digital downloads, apparently need a Business Account for this. So, as it appears that is not ever going to happen... ?!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.