CHARGE TO AND FROM CREDIT CARD???

Jonny16
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, heres the situation

I have received a refund from an item that I bought and sent back (eBay) but it has come up with on my PayPal transactions as: 

Under "Type" - Its says "Transfer to Credit Card"

What is this? I have a debit card for a start..

I clicked "Details"

There is

Refund

Credit to Credit Card

Charge from Credit Card

"Charge from Credit Card".

What has happened to my money? What has it been charged for? Has it been sent to my bank and it has not transacted it yet? The Credit from Credit Card was issued today.

Can someone please tell me where my money is?!

Jonny

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

YOu paid initially by debit card, so your payment goes back to your card, it will show within your debit card account within 48 hours of the refund being initiated. Only when you pay via bank funding or PayPal funds does it go back to your PayPal account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jonny16
Contributor
Contributor

I have not withdrawn the money from paypal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

YOu paid initially by debit card, so your payment goes back to your card, it will show within your debit card account within 48 hours of the refund being initiated. Only when you pay via bank funding or PayPal funds does it go back to your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Dann_booth
New Community Member

This happened to me today.

i did not understand what was going on as this has never appeared on my paypal before.

i payed for an ebay item through paypal but did not have any funds in paypal so it was obviously taken from my bank account. they issued me a refund and it came up with the transfer to credit card thing, with no money in my paypal account, normally if i pay for something from ebay and have no money in paypal it takes it from my bank account, and if i have had a refund from them it usually went into my paypal and not my bank.

im still confused by this  so im going to wait 48 hours as previously said and see what happens.

Login to Me Too

gnylund
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar situation.

This company just refunded me some money after a dispute I had with them.  Immediately after the refund went through, it got automatically transerred to my credit card (If I'm reading the activity correctly).  I didn't expecte that to happen, I was planning on transferring those fund to a different account (associated with my debit card).  Is there a way to transfer those funds back from the credit card to my paypal account, so I can then manually transfer it to my debit card account?  Maybe just wait 24-48 hours to see if the transfer is automatic?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.