4 digit pin code

hoganftx
Contributor
Contributor

I've been asked to verify my account to sell something on Ebay. They've asked for a 4 digit pin code that was sent to my statement but I can't find it. It could've been sent ages ago. How do i request a new one?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

tanya32
New Community Member
I've been asked for a 4 digit pin code... But what ive been sent only has 3..? So it won't except it... What do I do now...?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Don't mean this to sound condescending but are you looking at the right number.

Normally they send a payment eg 0.01 then to the LEFT of that is a ref number and to the LEFT of that right at the left hand side of the page is the 4 digit code.

I only say this because folks in the past have tried to enter the 001.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kelsi
Contributor
Contributor
What is 4 digit code
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Kelsi, 

You will generally be asked to enter a four digit code if you have recently requested to confirm your bank or credit/debit card on your PayPal account. 

If you have done this recently then you will see a debit of £1.00GBP with a four digit code next to is (as kernowlass explains) if confirming your card or a deposit of 0.01GBP with a four digit code beside it if you are confirming your bank. 

I hope this answers your question

Paula.

Login to Me Too

Robin790
New Community Member
When ringing PayPal they often require a one off pin that gets emailed or something to you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.