4 DIGIT CONFIRMATION CODE!!!!!

hussnainh8
Contributor
Contributor

So I got an email from PAYPAL telling me my credit card ending in **** is bout to expire which meant I had to get my new card and link the card to PAYPAL. It is my dads card so I asked him for it and he gave me a different card (DEBIT CARD), I have linked the card to my paypal account and still waiting for the 4 digit code? I have had no emails about the 4 digit code and I do not have an online banking setup so I can not check through there. 

I found out on the internet that PAYPAL apparentally charges you and when you confirm the card they refund the money? BUT how do i possibly confirm the damn card if I have not recieved the 4 digit code? It could be months since i get my paper statement and people are complaining saying when they recieved their paper statement there was no 4 digit code?

Alongside that, When I goto the PAYPAL website in the to-do list it SHOULD say confirm card BUT it does not say anything about it? 

Why have I been charged for trying to link my new card to my paypal account? 
Why have I not recieved my 4 digit code yet? It has been 2 days! 
Why does it not say I have to confirm my card in the to-do list? 

PLEASE HELP ME! ALL I WANT TO DO IS CONFIRM MY CARD AND START PURCHASING ITEMS!

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You cannot link your father's card to your account.  The card must be in your name. 

Login to Me Too

hussnainh8
Contributor
Contributor

Then how did i get the first card which expired to link to my account with my name on it? The expired card has been working fine since it was valid and when I linked the card in my name I did not get any errors and the card got confirmed aswell. So I do not see why I am not able to do this now?

Login to Me Too

moshandtaoshy
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal do not make it easy to get the money back that they have taken for linking your card. They state the 4 digit pass code will appear on your statement-it does not.

In my opinion this  is not legal-they can't take money under false pretencies. I would hope for an answer from Paypal on this issue. Has anyone else had funds taken for linking a card and then not be sent the necessary means by which to claim it back ?

Login to Me Too

moshandtaoshy
Contributor
Contributor

I now know where to find the 4 digit code-go to your own bank statement online and the code is displayed next to where it says paypal £1 . If only paypal would make this clearer. I now have my £1 back and my card linked

Login to Me Too

Degeneration15
Contributor
Contributor
I don't bank online.. So how do I get my 4-digit code. Any ideas?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Degeneration15

Welcome to the community forum. 

If you don't have online banking you would generally have to wait until you get your paper statement in the post. Your bank may be able to help you out though. Why don't you try giving them a call to see if they can give you the code over the phone:)

I hope they can help.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Reformations
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone . 

Unlike many - i actually have my verification code. But the box it wants to to enter it it in turn red when i try and does not allow me to enter ANY numbers at all. 

I would really appreciate if you could email me an answer 😕 

Huge thank to all that help. 

Reformations (at) hotmail.co.uk

Login to Me Too

IAMCJREAL3
Please tell me where is your bank statement
Login to Me Too

Reabelle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I just added my eon credit card in my paypal account, I thought that if I can add a credit card in my paypal, I'll be completely verified, but after I add my card, paypal is asking me my 4 digit code. Where would I get this "4 digit code"? .Does it will be email to me by my local bank here in Philippines or by the paypal.?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.