1st sell on ebay, how do I receive money from buyers

amalkin
New Community Member

This is my 1st sell on ebay. Ebay has said that payment is being carried out by paypal. I click on "view paypal transaction", log into Paypal. However there are no transactions showing on my Paypal account and £0 balance. I have contacted the buyers to let them know I haven't received payment through Paypal. One buyer has said that it states UNCLAIMED on his transaction to me.

How do I claim/receive  this money?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hatdancer57
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a similar problem to the guy who started this conversation. I have checked my email address and it is my old email address. What can I do to correct this problem. My EBay buyers are not able to send me money. Terry.

Login to Me Too

Candz
New Community Member
I left out one letter in my email address do you think I will be able to try get my payment and what do I do should I still ship the stuff to the buyer
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No you won't as it has gone to a non existent paypal account as that email addy is not attached to any paypal account.

You need to work your way through this >>

You need to contact your buyers and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
1. Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.

2. If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. If it changes to completed they need to come here for advice. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.

3. If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

emma1985
New Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue, Im new to selling on ebay, and sold 3 items on saturday. But not recieved any payment into my paypal. I have checked and they have my correct email address.

Login to Me Too

Hatdancer57
Contributor
Contributor

Thats, not quite the same problem. I had my old email address which is not now registered with Paypal so that's why my buyers transactions are failing. I spoke with Ebay and I have to cancel the transactions in PayPal if they exist and create a new Paypal invoice for my buyers to allow them to pay. What a mess!

Login to Me Too

emma1985
New Community Member

Sorry I was replying to the initial issue

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

most common reason for this is that the email address in your item listing doesnt match whats on your paypal account. go to your item listing and click sell similar item. find the decide how you'd like to be paid section and check the email address in the box.

If its wrong but the email address is used by you, add it to your paypal account. log into your account and click profile then update next to email. click add and type in the email address and click save. then go to your email inbox, find the confirmation email and click on the link inside. the payment should come threw in a few minutes. if not it may be the buyer cancelled it.

if its email is misspelt or no longer exists, contact your buyer and ask them to cancel first payment and resend to correct email address.

If the email is correct, you're email may be unconfirmed. log into your paypal acount. check the to do list on the right hand size. if there a option that says confirm email, click it and follow the instructions.

if none of these, then im stumped. phone customer services

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

most common reason for this is that the email address in your item listing doesnt match whats on your paypal account. go to your item listing and click sell similar item. find the decide how you'd like to be paid section and check the email address in the box.

If its wrong but the email address is used by you, add it to your paypal account. log into your account and click profile then update next to email. click add and type in the email address and click save. then go to your email inbox, find the confirmation email and click on the link inside. the payment should come threw in a few minutes. if not it may be the buyer cancelled it.

if its email is misspelt or no longer exists, contact your buyer and ask them to cancel first payment and resend to correct email address.

If the email is correct, you're email may be unconfirmed. log into your paypal acount. check the to do list on the right hand size. if there a option that says confirm email, click it and follow the instructions.

if none of these, then im stumped. phone customer services

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.