PayPal UK Community Chat - 30/03/2016.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

Please feel free to join our UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 30th of March between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

Until then, this thread will be locked but you will be able to reply and ask any questions from 4pm GMT on the 30th of March.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

OK I will ask one that has been bothering me.

Paypal state that you can't use pre-paid cards on paypal however a lot of folks seem able to do so even though they are not paypal cards so can you clairify.

There are even you tube videos on how to add these virtual cards.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Kernowlass.

Thanks for reaching out. 

There are a few different things that will impact pre-paid cards being used on PayPal. Pre-paid cards aren't prohibited on our system but not all different types of pre-paid cards would be compatible with the PayPal system.

As you know, when adding a card to PayPal, we may require a customer to complete the verification process on the card that was registered. This may not be possible with some pre-paid cards as the card issuer may not provide the facility to view previous transactions so it could result in difficulties when trying to use the card.

Not all pre-paid cards would have been issued by Visa or MasterCard so this would also be a contributing factor with being able to use the card with our system.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

David.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Thank you. Will ask my second question next week   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

You're more then welcome Kernowlass.

If you are around next Wednesday, feel free to pop back in for a chat or to ask any further questions Smiley Wink

Have a lovely evening.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.