PayPal UK Community Chat - 03/1/2018

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 3rd of January between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 3rd of January. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

AW122
Contributor
Contributor

Is this the right place to ask a question? I want to know why funds that were put in a reserve for a month because my card reader was broken and I went over £400, and funds cleared today, I withdraw and now they have been put in pending for checks? You have had my money for over a month what checks can there be?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hello @AW122

As this is an account specific issue, I cannot comment why this happened. It sounds like a security issue holding the withdrawal. I would suggest you give our Customer Support a quick call to see why this hold has been placed. You will find the contact details in the Help section on your account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

AW122
Contributor
Contributor

How can it be a security issue when you have had the funds for a month? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @AW122

It could be the login that could trigger the security , as I do not have access to your account I cannot tell you exactly why this has happened. I am sure the review will not take the full 72 hours, funds are usually released within 24 hours.

Martin

Login to Me Too

Iznogo0d

I have a prob since 2 days ago , i am trying to checkout from a merchant and paypal system is telling me : to complete a payment add a debit or credit card ... however it also says : number of active cards in your account 1 . I never had this problem till 2 days ago , the card is working ok and has been in my paypal account for several months now , it shows up in my account as active and verified but not in checkout . could you please advise ? thank you 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Iznogo0d

Welcome to our UK Community!

I am sorry to hear this has happened. Does this happen to you on other merchant's checkouts? This sounds like technical issue if you are being asked to add a card and you have everything up to date on your account . Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies on your browser ?

Martin

Login to Me Too

Chaimaa1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sorry for this iconvenience but I have a problem Hope will help me to fix it please I've withdraw money since a week But until now I didn't receive it in my visa card It's the first time that happened to me I usesd to receive my money after 5 days since I withdraw it And I'm really worried Please help I'll appreciate your consideration

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Chaimaa1

Welcome to our Uk Community!

I presume you are not using a PayPal account registered UK account, as the option to withdraw funds to a Visa card is not available to UK customers at the moment. This option is available on Paypal accounts in other countries. The process can take 5 - 7 Business days for the funds to appear on your account, so it is still within the timeframe. You should find country specific information in the Help section on our website.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Nico_St
Contributor
Contributor

I was (earlier today) attempting to add a Visa debit card from Santander UK Bank to my PayPal account. I kept receiving 'This card is not accepted. Please try another card'. (BTW, this is a really unhelpful error message).

After multiple telephone calls to PayPal and my bank, it appears that this is a PayPal error. There's no problem with the card, plenty of funds in the account and the bank is authorising the initial small payment request.  I've just tried it again and the error message has changed to 'This service is not available at this time. Please try later' This is causing me a total headache, and 'customer services' have not helped at all.

Please can you help? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.