where is my money?

fed_up
Contributor
Contributor

i initiated a withdrawal of £605 from m paypal account on tuesday 8th at 0755 this money has not reached my account, it is now the 10th, paypal have failed to transfer the money in the time frame that they state, i paid £5 for a 1-2 day transfer they have exceeded the limit and the money has still not reached my bank account yet an ordinary transfer that i made on the same day has reached my bank account, so what has happened to my money? and will i get my £5.00 back?

Login to Me Too
137 REPLIES 137

MBSMYLEE
Contributor
Contributor

There is no doubt in my mind that PayPal have cashflow problems - no company acts like this with the bad remarks being said about them everywhere unless they have no choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

sexyjan12
New Community Member

i have just checked my paypal account and found that i have one item pending but this item was bought and paid for on the same date 4th may so why is it showing this im needing this item for  wedding its my bridesmaid dress so wheres my money gone

Login to Me Too

Ste_666_
Contributor
Contributor

WELL... i have waited up to see if my money has gone in as i am desperate for it now!!! and what do you know... NOTHING!!!!!

Here is a part of the email PayPal sent me Monday morning:-

Upon reviewing your account, it shows that you initiated the withdrawal of £ 96.40 on 23 May 2012.

Withdrawals to your bank account usually take 2 to 3 working days to complete. However, it may occasionally take longer. We may hold a withdrawal if there may be a higher-than-normal level of risk associated with the transaction.

Based on our record, your withdrawal was held by our internal security system. For fraud prevention reasons, I cannot see what aspect of this withdrawal has caused our internal security system to intervene but I can assure you that this is not a reflection of you or your account activities.

In this light, we already process your withdrawal as normal on 24 May 2012 and you will receive the funds in your bank account not later than 29 May 2012.

And as you can all see... it is the 29th of May 2012... still no money!!!!!

im so depressed!!!

Login to Me Too

MBSMYLEE
Contributor
Contributor

You need to report PayPal to the FSA. The more of us that do the more investigation they will get

Login to Me Too

Roc24v
Contributor
Contributor

Yep FSA for me too.

I've been a Paypal customer for a decade, a business customer, putting 15k+ through a month, and this month 10 of my faster payments have been held up, security, my arse, I've been transferring the same way for years, daily.

Promised refunds of the £5, my arse too, nothing has been received.

Login to Me Too

susier
Contributor
Contributor

I have had to use the faster service over the last couple of weeks as my husband was made redundant and we needed to get the money quickly to use for posting.

Only once has the money gone in within the specified time, the strange thing is that I am getting two emails on all the delayed withdrawals. Yesterday I withdrew at 12.43 and received the standard withdrawal email and  then same email at 0.57 this morning. The transaction showed as pending until that time. So I guess that the money will not get to me until  tomorrow at the earliest.

The good news is that I have a second interview today for a 9 -5 job so if I get it then I will be so pleased to leave all this behind and get back to having a regular income !

Login to Me Too

pedrog
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to bump this to the top as it woudl seem a representative from Paypal is online at the moment..

Login to Me Too

moneyroverps1
Contributor
Contributor

OH DEAR , just as i was thinking paypal had got their act together , it all goes **bleep** up again .

Another fast withdrawal , another £5.00 fee , and no sign of my money in the bank  .

THANKS paypal  , you have let me down again . Just like all the other banks / financial institutions , your service STINKS.  

Login to Me Too

alfiedog2012
Contributor
Contributor

And same here!   Two withdrawals made today and both are Pending.   Im a small business relying on this money to order stock etc .  Withdrawals normally reach my account within 2 hours but are now just stuck in the Pending status.

I telephoned Paypal after the first large amount was withdrawn and the guy said that random payments were being held for security reasons.   I then went on to make another withdrawal (as I needed the cash!) only to find that one is being held too!    Is it safe to withdraw any more today from my sales completed today?   I normally use that money to pay the postage costs on sending items so looks like buyers will have to wait (which will reflect in my Ebay DSRs no doubt!)  

Excuse me Paypal - Its bad enough that we HAVE to offer Paypal as a method of payment on Ebay (even though your system is currently flawed)   Ive worked hard for this money and am now losing bank interest on it!  This is MY money, not yours.  Hand it Over!  Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

clareo
Contributor
Contributor

i heard emailing the CEO of paypal helps Carl Scheible ..i think i will be doing that..wasted a lot of money calling them chasing after my own money

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.