unauthorised transactions

chrishart251
Contributor
Contributor

i withdrew £60 today and as soon as it went into my account, paypal made 2 transactions of £10 each withdrawing £20 from my bank account, why has this been done? and how can this be legal to do without my permission? and when will this £20 be going back into my bank? also why don't these transactions show on my account summary?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Arda

Hi chrishart251,

I am sorry to hear this and I am sure there is a valid explanation, have you checked your account’s transaction history?

Here’s how to view your transaction history:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'History' near the top of the page.
  3. Use the filter options to narrow your search, then click 'Show'.

By selecting the relevant link you can filter the transaction(s) you want to see, such as 'All activity (with balance)' or 'Payments received' etc.

After you find the transaction you're looking for, click 'Details' for more information.

Unfortunately for security reasons I can’t review your PayPal account in here. I would advise contacting us through your PayPal account.

You can contact us by email or by phone.

To contact us by email:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Contact near the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Email us and follow the on-screen instructions. (Even if you're unable to log into your PayPal account, you can still send us a question. Under 'Unable to log in?' click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions).

We'll try to get back to you within 24 hours.

To contact us by phone:

Please call us for free on 0800 358 7911. We're open from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday, from 8am to 9pm on Saturday and from 9am to 9pm on Sunday. Otherwise, you can call the Dublin Help Centre directly on 00353 1 436 9004. Rates from overseas landlines and mobiles may vary.

I hope this info helps. Thanks for posting!

Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.