does paypal transfer money to me on weekends?

JonasL
New Community Member

hi, i just deposited some money to my paypal account on thursday and was wondering if paypal would transfer the money during the weekend or do i have to wait to monday?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Sophie

Hi JonasL,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum about this.

When you transfer money from your bank to PayPal, it generally takes 5-7 working days to fully complete, as this is how long it takes for your bank to send the funds to us. As weekend days are not counted as working days, you would not count them in this case.

If you don't see the money clearing through to your balance after this timeframe has passed, please let us know.

Thanks for your patience

Sophie

Login to Me Too

catalinionut
New Community Member
if someone made a payment to my paypal account on Saturday morning ... how long do i have to wait until i will see the money in my paypal account ... thank you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi catalinionut,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

When you receive a PayPal payment the funds will show in your PayPal Account straight away. The payment may be held in a pending balance until we are sure that the item has been delivered to the buyer but you will be able to see this on your account. You will also receive a payment notification email from PayPal advising you that you have received a payment.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Hotgalpink
Contributor
Contributor
I transferred funds, from PayPal to my bank account. On 3:42 am Wednesday morning. It's now Friday night. I lost my apartment. As I was depending on this to clear by Friday. I know about (ACH). BUT THIS IS INSANE!! Verified account. Verified bank account, verified everything and still says pending. Thanks PayPal. You're the best. Sincerely. A Homeless person
Login to Me Too

whitesaige
Contributor
Contributor

to  PayPal_Siobhan2 regarding your response, you say the funds would show immediately... I have a text saying my friend sent me money. clicking the link and login, it says ok the funds are in my account. However according to the wallet there is no balance. On my summary page, the account created, email verified, bank card linked are all green checked. And my cell phone is associated with this account. I even went to "manage currencies" and checked to see that $$$ are the primary...  There is absolutely NOTHING on my account that indicates this $450 has been received! Nothing on the balance page, nothing on the recent activity page. Good thing I'm not desperate to have access to this money... BUT, the fact that these funds are not available to me does not sit well. This is the FIRST transaction I have had with PayPal and based on the experience, it will be my last.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi whitesaige,

Apologies for the delay, if you still need help locating this payment the quickest way to have this resolved is to phone our freephone number, 0800 358 7911. The relevant team will be able to look into this as a priority.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Meganwynn2012
New Community Member
Ok if money is sent to me on paypal and the money is supposed to be in my account today why is it not showing? It shows the money is still on hold till Aug 13th 2017, which is today, but I still can use it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.