Withdrew money to a closed account.

Debs21uk
New Community Member
Hi, I stupidly withdrew money to a closed account on 23rd of March. I've sought advise from Paypal and from the bank in question, the bank say the payment has bounced back yet it isn't in my paypal account. Paypal say the payment is with the bank however the bank say there is no way the money is with them and even the FPID tracking code isn't even valid. I know there has been weekends and bank holidays but at least 6working days have passed with no money returning to my account. What do I do now as its a decent sum of money I can't afford to lose. I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jamz74

Same thing happend to me! Paypal told me to go to my bank and give them the fpid number but the bank manager just told me she cant do anything about it and that i have to solve the issue with PayPal!

Whats the solution!? Someone help us please

Login to Me Too

Debs21uk
New Community Member
Yeah I've phoned paypal 5 times so far and I'm not getting anywhere. I understand its my error to begin with and if my money bounced back I'd gladly pay the returned fee penalty.
Login to Me Too

zombielover
Contributor
Contributor
You might as well talk to a brick wall. This forum and its mods are useless.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello gunn04,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

If you have withdrawn funds to a bank account that has been closed, the money should bounce back to your PayPal.

I would advise you to allow 5-7 days for this to complete.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

gunn04
Contributor
Contributor
I've just done the same thing a few weeks ago in several different transactions please tell me you ended up getting your money back???? This has been such a awful and long process you would think that they would have a easy solution
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.