Withdrawing money to Bank account

tarotlady58
Contributor
Contributor

I  sold an expensive item today and was paid immediately by the buyer...However when I transferred MY money to my Bank account I got a msg saying it was pending due to review and money would be released in a few hours? However I then took a look at all the complaints on here about money going missing?

I have tried to send an email to Paypal on their complaints form but surprise surprise when I tried to type my signature at the bottom of the form, it would not let me and it won't let you send it without the signature so obviously Paypal have blocked it as they have rec'd too many complaints?

I send another email by another means but my question is, if I do not get my money, what do I do about the item? It is expensive and I cannot afford to send it to the buyer and not get any money? So what do I do?

I know its not the buyers fault but I could lose the item and the money? Although if I do not get my money I will be sending a complaint to the Ombudsman and also the BBC's Rip off Britain and Watchdog, I shall also contact the Newspapers and I suggest everybody does the same!

I paid for my fees from the money and they have gone through ok...Strange that?

However back to my item...What do I do?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Slight OTT reaction hun.

Firstly how do you think your buyer feels? They have paid you for a pricey item and you have not even sent it yet?

They have paid, the withdrawal of your funds from your paypal account to your bank account is between you and paypal and not the buyer.

Send the item, cus if the buyer files a dispute for non receipt of item then it does not matter where your money is you will either have to refund the buyer or paypal will put your account in neg until you pay them back.

I have withdrawn funds to a bank account for eleven years now and never a payment gone missing......it used to take between 3-5 days to transfer now it is taking hours and still folks are complaining.

Yes i have security reviews, so what? it only takes a few hours and as long as my money hits my bank account in a few days i don't care.

As for all the complaints on the board most are about the paypal payment hold for new sellers and that is a different thing.

Feel free to complain to the ombudsman but  paypal are not regulated by the FSA. As for watchdog i have heard folks saying "going to watchdog" for 10 years now off and on.......... i think it may have featured once....LOL

Just be patient your funds will be in your account prob after the weekend and you will wonder why you panicked.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tarotlady58
Contributor
Contributor

When I say I am going to watchdog at the BBC I mean it!!! I have been to them before regarding another firm who tried to rip me off and its surprising how quick you get your money once they are involved. Also I have a relative who works for the BBC.

I have no intention of sending my expensive item until I get the money so you can tell your pals at Paypal that they are not going to rip me off.

You I have to say are a tad arrogant!!!  Obviously you either work for Paypal or you have never lost or had to wait for money but if ebay or Paypal think I am sending the item out without the money first then sorry but they can think again!!!

I feel sorry for the buryer but if I do not get my money, then they will not get the item and it will be Paypal that will have to pay them not me!!! Afterall Paypal will have the money to refund them as like you say the buyer has paid, except that its Paypal who has the money not me!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Honey if you don't send the item and the buyer files a dispute and you refuse to refund them then if paypal has to refund them for you they will send the baliffs after you............so don't talk big.

Nope i am not arrogant you just don't like being told the truth and the facts.

Seems odd that you are so obsessed with not losing your item and money (when there is little risk) BUT happy for the buyer to do so!! Thank goodness most sellers don't treat their buyers that way. 

Why don't you just chill and send the buyer the item and wait for your money to hit the bank account.

As for the going to the watchdog and bbc, that just shows how very silly you are throwing your toys out of the pram for a silly wait for payment. Best give your buyer those contact details as well so they can complain about you if they don't get the pricy item they have trusted you to send.

Not worth keep replying to you, you don't want facts you just want to rant.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tarotlady58
Contributor
Contributor

Ha Ha!!! You're funny Man LOL

Paypal sending the bailiffs? Don't be so stupid!!!  How can they send the Bailiffs when THEY have the money not me!!!

The buyer will get his money from PAYPAL!!!!! Got it now???

If I do get the money I will send the item but not until I do!!  Oh and for your information it is not just new accounts that had to wait weeks for their money but some that have been on here years and some have still not got their money after waiting weeks and they are not new accounts

So Hun! Get your facts rights..Smiley Tongue

Login to Me Too

tarotlady58
Contributor
Contributor

Oh where do you get the "No risk" From? I could send the item, in all good faith and then not get my money, it mysteriously disappears like some of the other ebayers who have still not get their money after waiting weeks?

My Wife is also not happy because she had a load of clothes she wanted to sell! Shame really but that what happens when these big Corporations get greedy!!!!!

Login to Me Too

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

Blimey, it's hand bags at dawn here! What's with the 'honey' comments?!

I'd suggest sending your item as soon as you recieve payment. I understand the issues with the delays on withdrawals (happened to me a LOT) but you can't blame your buyer by delaying in sending the item, as you mentioned yourself it's not their fault. You should aim your frustrations at Paypal, going to Watchdog etc sounds like a good idea - there are a lot of other people doing the same by the sound of it.

Login to Me Too

england5
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal are not Govorned by the FSA you are better to complain to the CSSF, you will find the details on google. As for kernowlas, you really need to get off your high horse and speak to people properly ! as a volunteer advisor you are NOT doing Paypal any favours with your BAD attitude HUNNY !!.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.