Withdrawing money taking LONG time

AdeleMcNaughton
Contributor
Contributor

I just started clearing out my book collection this week on ebay. The first book I sold, I received the payment and withdrew to my account almost instantly. Then every payment after that I have received and withdrew to the same account yet they have all taken forever! I have 2 hours left for the first one to have reached its 72 hours. It's just such a pain if all subsequent payments are going to take 72 hours since I have to pay the postage for these items without having got the money through yet! Does anyone have any info on why its doing this? Will all my withdrawels now do this? Will it be better on certain days?? I need help!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I tend to withdraw funds once a month and rarely wait longer than 2 hours.

I think if you keep withdrawing it as soon as the buyer has paid you are more likely to have to wait the 72 hours.

Because paypal credit a seller in advance and then start the process of uploading from the buyers funding source to paypal to pay themselves back, so they may well put the credited payment on 72 hours until the buyers payment has caught up.

To be fair you are not supposed to wait until the payment hits your bank account before you send the item as the buyer has paid as soon as it hits your paypal balance....by waiting you risk poor seller despatch stars.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AdeleMcNaughton
Contributor
Contributor

I will try leaving the incoming money a bit and withdraw in bulk then. It's just so annoying how the first one went through without a problem but the next 11 are taking what feels like forever! 
Very agitating when, like you said, you need to be dispatch asap to avoid the bad feedback!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, when they bought in the 2 hour withdrawal i thought that was it but then a lot seem to be saying theres is taking up to 72 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.