Withdrawal delays AGAIN!!!!!

chessalls
Contributor
Contributor

I Withdrew £50 on wednesday 7th november and it is still showing as pending nearly 36 hours later!!!

I thought this faster payment system had stopped all this!

I have made a number of withdrawals over the last couple of weeks and it seems that it is taking longer and longer! it started as a 2 hour review then it was a 4 hour review then 21 then 24 and now I have been told it is 72 hours!

I phoned customer service and they first told me it was because there was a high number paypal customers making withdrawals at the same time but when I told them that the email said it was security measures and ask what these security measures were they said they didn't know what they were and that no one at the call centre knew!

I have had a lot of trouble with withdrawals getting delayed in the past with 99% of them getting put on 72 hour security hold but the last couple of months I have had most withdrawals go in my bank the same day but now it looks like they are going back to their old ways again!

Has anyone else just recently had their withdrawals put on this 72 hour "security" money making hold?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

jm-software-ltd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - this is the bigest disadventage to use PayPal

I have fully verified account, bank account... and I'm never know when I receive my money becouse of "security reasons" or others issues...

Login to Me Too

alix_yates
New Community Member
I have been waiting 68 hours so far and its still pending where as my girlfriend has made 3 instant withdrawals in this time, I'm really sick of paypals crap
Login to Me Too

leekandpotato
Contributor
Contributor

i don't know if this is relevant to your issue, but I was experiencing these issues all the time and then read one of the moderators posts suggesting that it could be problem with mobile devices. I use my ipad all the time so have now switched to my pc to make paypal withdrawals and haven't had a problem since! It's an absolute pain to switch my laptop on just to use paypal but better than waiting three days for my money!

Login to Me Too

chessalls
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler

Well, its now been nearly 60 hours now and the withdrawal I made on the 7th is still pending! I have done two other withdrawals since and they have both gone into my bank within a few hours (still not great but better than 60 hours!)

I have emailed paypal three time and they finally replied last night but they clearly didn't read my email because their reply was about one of the withdrawals that I have done since the one on the 7th!

I used to do my withdrawals on my ipad but not since I learnt that it takes longer that way!! I am getting really sick of this what sort of "security" checks do they need to make on such a small sum (£50) that takes so long! Paypal say that they can't tell me what sort of security checks they do but they are for my benefit!!!!

Login to Me Too

rhavecilla
New Community Member

You guys are lucky.

On my case, the Withdrawal I've made last August 31 hasn't arrived yet to my bank.

My bank said they never received anything, Paypal said that they have already sent it. Now, neither of them is entertaining me. Paypal is not responding to my emails anymore. The bank is so clueless where the money is.

Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

mat1310
Contributor
Contributor

usually when I withdraw to my bank it goes in instantly but not this time, I tried to withdraw on thursday 13th december, My paypal history says the transaction is completed but my bank account is still not showing the funds as of 15th December. It does say allow 2 hours but its been 56 hours so far and still no money !!!

Login to Me Too

JLD180712
New Community Member

I too am having the same problem!! Im verified in everyway yet I am waiting for my withdrawl of 50 pound to clear which I actually needed to be in my bank tomoz to pay acouple of direct debits. I am now going to have around 50 pound worth of bank charges due to paypals delays!! So peeved off its untrue!!

Login to Me Too

step777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi my last 22 withdrawal to my bank account have all taking 72 hours.

Login to Me Too

RittyBoyK
Contributor
Contributor

I've been told that my money will be held for up to 21 days, when all ebay shipemnts are made and confirmed in tracking. WE ALL NEED TO START A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST PAYPAL to get our monies within a reasonable period of time, like ne day! THEY ARE NOT PAYPAL... THEY ARE OUR PAY

ENEMY!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.