Withdrawal delays AGAIN!!!!!

chessalls
Contributor
Contributor

I Withdrew £50 on wednesday 7th november and it is still showing as pending nearly 36 hours later!!!

I thought this faster payment system had stopped all this!

I have made a number of withdrawals over the last couple of weeks and it seems that it is taking longer and longer! it started as a 2 hour review then it was a 4 hour review then 21 then 24 and now I have been told it is 72 hours!

I phoned customer service and they first told me it was because there was a high number paypal customers making withdrawals at the same time but when I told them that the email said it was security measures and ask what these security measures were they said they didn't know what they were and that no one at the call centre knew!

I have had a lot of trouble with withdrawals getting delayed in the past with 99% of them getting put on 72 hour security hold but the last couple of months I have had most withdrawals go in my bank the same day but now it looks like they are going back to their old ways again!

Has anyone else just recently had their withdrawals put on this 72 hour "security" money making hold?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

edrobertson
New Community Member

I have no idea what has changed at paypal but it is so frustrating.

At the begining of November my withdrawel of £20 went through the usual 2 hour time limit, but was actually in my bank 10 minutes after. Then a few days later I withdrew £80 which was held for 72 hours. They released it 4 minutes before the time was up - i was sat waiting ready to complain and now another £30 withdrawel has again just been placed on hold for 72 hours!

Nothing has changed on my paypal account in almost 2 years, zero cases or issues ever, 100% ebay and now they are constantly delaying my funds for no obvious reason.

Its just frustrating when you look at the fees they are charging us! Somebody please sort it out!!

Login to Me Too

n300dle
New Community Member

+1

Absolute joke.

Login to Me Too

RittyBoyK
Contributor
Contributor

They are money middle men (or boys, from the way they handle OUR monies...), with no scrupples at all.

The best way to describe PayPal is you PayEnemy.

They do this to make moey, not service their customers in a timely fashion.

Think of the millions of dollars/pound, etc. that accrues in these accounts every single day as a result of holding onto OUR monies and using illegitimate excuses for doing so.

A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT SHOULD BE ACTIVATED AGAINST THESE CROOKS!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.