Withdraw request under review

angel58

Am so fed up with Paypal, this is the third time in 3 weeks that they have held up my withdrawal of funds.  No reason given, no apologies.  I understand the fraud prevention reasoning, but the account name & number hasn't changed so why do they need to keep doing this.  The last two occasions it took 5 days for the money to go into my account. Am going on holiday shortly and want the money for my spending.....................this is my money !!  Maybe I'll ask my e-bay customers to pay by cheque then at least I know I will get MY money.

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

mins
Contributor
Contributor

This is so obviously a racket to make money - as someone else pointed out, the interest on money held for 24 hours, given the numbers involved, amounts to a considerable sum.  Of course they should be reported to the financial the FSA but remember that if they lose the money because the FSA rules they can't hold on to funds because it is unlawful, they will almost certainly up the fees instead, so you won't wait 24hours...but you WILL pay extra fees on every sale to make up for it.  Nothing to stop them doing that.  Of course it's not fair or reasonable, but who said banks or financial companies were in business to help YOU?  We all know who profits from banking...the banks or Paypal in this instance!!

Login to Me Too

Dazman
Contributor
Contributor
How to withdraw to bank instantly with no security checks.

Do you get anything like the following message when you attempt to withdraw to your bank account ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For security reasons, we are reviewing your withdrawal request, which could take up to 24 hours. After our review is complete, PayPal will release your funds. It can take an additional 2 hours for those funds to be deposited into your bank account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here is how to get past this and have the funds transfered into your bank account without any secruity checks....

When you receive a message like this simply click on either the BACK or CANCEL tab and try the withdrawal again

You may see various security messages, such as 4 hours, 21 hours, 24 hours... etc

Just repeat with the BACK or CANCEL tabs until you get the following message (this may take 2 or 3 attempts, and usually happens more using the CANCEL button)

Review your withdrawal request details

Your funds can usually take up to 2 hours to appear in your bank account.

And there you go - your funds will be instantly transfered to your bank account with no security checks

Login to Me Too

daz777
Contributor
Contributor

This works for me.Thanks

Login to Me Too

RosieRabbit
Contributor
Contributor

My washing machine has just broken down and a friend sent me money today through paypal to help me buy another one. I got the same security review message. My bank account has been the same for the last two years, so what possible reason can Paypal have to hang on to my money?

Maybe it is interest. One little transaction like mine doesn't incur a great loss of interest, but add all the withdrawals together that occur on the same day and it probably adds up to a great deal. Maybe they have a limit - so much allowed to be withdrawn per day and anything over that gets the security review treatment to delay it.

What do you say PAYPAL?

I wonder what the Banking Ombudsman would say about these alleged 'reviews'. When I am transferring money online from one account to another I certainly don't get 'security reviews' each time from my bank.

Login to Me Too

johnnybear
Contributor
Contributor

And again it starts.......3 times the same payment has been sent for review and the so called script reading "customer supports" are as useful as a chocolate teapot...........Consider that between Ebay and its subsidiaries (paypal and gumtree...See gumtree too) the turned over some $10 billion last year they would have people who knew what the hell is going on...My business was a fledgling company and it is now in the toilet because of paypal...All our customers have told us they cant do business with us because of this...we still haven't been able to post our stock as we are in doubt if we will ever see our money. I guess this is the price we pay when we deal with a BAD COMPANY!!!!

Does anyone know of an alternative as I will never use ebay or paypal again (or gumtree)

johnny

Login to Me Too

redrook
Contributor
Contributor

Well I've just had some funds "reviewed" and they are yet to appear in bank account. First time this has ever happened to me. Did a quick google search and found this

http://www.mukaumedia.co.uk/complain-paypal-uk/

Apparently it is ILLEGAL for paypal to hold funds on verified bank accounts.

Login to Me Too

Drawde79

I've had this happen to me with my last withdrawal request (the first time it's happened as far as I can remember, and I've been using Ebay/Paypal to buy and sell since 2004) - I made the request on the 30th September, and the money still hasn't appeared in my bank account. It normally takes no longer than 3-5 days, so I don't know what is going on... even if they took an addition 72 hours to "review" the widthdrawal, the money should have gone through by now.

Login to Me Too

greystones
Contributor
Contributor

I am fed up with this as well.  I think only two recent withdrawals Ive made, have actually gone through!  No changes to my account details etc., etc.,  So annoying!!!!

Login to Me Too

spaphoto
New Community Member

All of my recent withdrawal requests have been delayed by "security checks"  "under review" etc. As I am using the same computer, same account and same bank account, I can see no reason for the delay. After Paypal have carried out a couple of "security checks", it must be obvious that we are just ordinary customers. However, the delays in sending the money to our bank continue. Why is this happening? Are Paypal just hanging onto the money for their own gain? Are there financial problems at Paypal? Is it a safe place to have your money? Why no proper explanation?

Login to Me Too

SiTBM
Contributor
Contributor

Like many other users here, virtually every withdrawal I make now has to be "reviewed" by Paypal for "security" reasons. Obviously not a delay tactic to claw every last penny of interest that they can now they've been forced to come into line with faster payments. Of course not.

I would love to find out a little more about exactly happens during these security reviews. Are there great chambers full of swathes of bustling Sherlock Holmes-style detectives eagerly eyeing magnifying glasses against our accounts looking for suspicious activity in that latest eBay transaction for the bunion cream from old Mrs McNulty?

Perhaps when I next come to settle my outstanding eBay invoices I'll inform them they'll have to wait for the money while I conduct a random Analysis Review & Security Evaluation (A.R.S.E). I mean, come on, that new eBay logo - that's so obviously been cobbled together in MS Paint - you don't seriously expect me to believe that's not a spoof website?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.