Transfering Money from OLD Pay Pal Account to NEW Pay Pal Account

MrsRabbit
New Community Member
Unfortunately I have moved and in the process lost connection to my old email address, and can't remember password on my Pay Pal account. Also, didn't update Ebay with my new email address so basically I've sold lots of items on Ebay, payment have been made but to my OLD Pay Pal account. I've phoned Pay Pal several times and they have said that they cannot transfer funds from my OLD to my NEW Pay Pal account, so basically I can't access the money. I've confirmed my old address details/bank account number etc. to them and they are still refusing to help even though they acknowledge the problem.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can't you use the "lost password" function on your old account? As long as you still know what the email addy is and its still linked to that account you should be able to access it and once accessed it will be easy to send the funds to the other account as long as you have not closed that account.

Is the other account closed?

Also if  you do gain access to it then you should remove all financial info on it before you close it as you can't have the same bank info on x2 accounts at the same time. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can't you use the "lost password" function on your old account? As long as you still know what the email addy is and its still linked to that account you should be able to access it and once accessed it will be easy to send the funds to the other account as long as you have not closed that account.

Is the other account closed?

Also if  you do gain access to it then you should remove all financial info on it before you close it as you can't have the same bank info on x2 accounts at the same time. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Audie
New Community Member
Can't use the lost email /password on closed email addresses. ..we had to set up a new account in 2015 because we changed Internet services, thereby voiding our original email address. ..and since we didn't have a new one, we couldn't transfer B4 we lost access. Phone # search, name search all came up blank. Even a search for the original email address came up blank.
Login to Me Too

Fraoch
New Community Member

I have the same problem I have over £80 in my old account and I cannot get into it. I have e-mailed paypal twice and got no reply. I did phone up once and got no help at all so how much or our money is pay pal keeping !!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.