Reversal - Insufficient funds in bank account?

pentomas
New Community Member

Hi,

I recently received an e-mail from Paypal stating that my bank has reported insufficient funds to cover transfer amount and as a result my bank funding payment has been reversed? I then received another e-mail stating we have now charged your card, which I chose as my back up funding source to complete the payment.

I contacted the bank to confirm that there was sufficient funds in the account and they said that a payment was initially tried to be taken by direct debit, but it was not processed but the payment was processed by my usual method of payment by my debit card?

I'm very confused as this has not happened before?

Anyone know what the problem may have been?

The bank has said only one payment has been payed but I don't want this to happen again?

Regards

pentomas

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi pentomas,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with using your bank for your payment.

When a transaction from your bank  is declined, it may be for a few different reasons. A common reason for this is that there were insufficient funds available, but a reversal may also occur if your bank is unconfirmed on PayPal. In order to allow us to look into this for you, you may need to get in touch with Customer Support directly.

You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or Twitter (@AskPayPal) for assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.