Problem with money

Jamie0071
New Community Member

I recently had a purchase which was to be deducted from my bank account but I had insufficient funds so I was told I should transfer money to my PayPal account which I did, but PayPal deducted the money by Direct Debit from my bank account for the second time, so I paid twice.  How do I get this money back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jamie0071

If you pay someone its never instant > paypal credits the seller and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to them from your bank account, which is 5-7 days.

If the transfer fails then they will put your paypal account into negative and ask you to clear it OR they may try a second time to take the money from your bank account to pay them back and if not they may try your back up card.

As the second time succeeded BUT you had also sent money then the money paypal took will reimburse them and your payment sent will be credited to your paypal balance and you can use it in there OR transfer it back to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.