Paying without a PayPal account

Lillarc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently set up a PayPal merchat account and assumed that customers could pay without an account if they selected the 'pay by credit card' option. However, one customer in Germany has tried this and told me:

"I did fill out all the fields under the title "Mit Kreditkarte zahlen – Pay with Credit Card", but the webpage would not allow me to send the form without completing the part entitled "PayPal-Konto eröffnen – create PaylPal Account" – so I can only choose to pay with PayPal or to pay via Credit Card and open up a PayPal account at the same time. If there is a way to pay with credit card without opening a PayPal account, then I have not found it."

Can anyone help please? Is there a setting that I need to change?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting

When you use Website Payments Standard or Websites Payments Pro from the UK, your customers can complete online purchases even if they don’t have a PayPal account. Your customers can complete their payments first, and then decide whether to save their information in a PayPal account for future purchases.

To pay for items on your website with a credit card, customers click a PayPal payment button and complete a payment form. On the next page, they see a summary of their order and they can review and submit their purchase. After the transaction is complete, you and your customer receive a confirmation email. This service is however, only available when paying on a PC or Laptop. Guest payments are not currently available on mobile. If your customers are using a mobile phone when paying they would have to log in or create an account as you described.

I hope this helps.
Rachael

Login to Me Too

reviloilover
Contributor
Contributor

I am a german and sent to my customers  in the whole world since years a PayPal url  to pay my invoices by credit card over PayPal

Last days my customers tell me they must have a PayPal account for payment now.
The button for payment now is>> Create an account <<
Earlier it was >> login as guest <<  or >> Pay with Debit / Credit card <<
Each country count has its own text. But now it is the same in all countries and you need a PayPal Account if you want to pay money to my german PayPal Account.

I tried several ways to bypass it with no chance to pay without a PayPal Account.
The german support of PayPal tell me to use PayPal Plus. But this is a shop integration system.
I don’t have any shop, i am a worker and just need some payments by credit card from time to time.

My URL to PayPal which was working since years:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=account%40domain%2ede&item_name=product&a...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.