PAYPAL WITHDRAWING MONEY ???

geophillips
Contributor
Contributor
I needed to refund £35 to a previous buyer, to make the refund PayPal told me that I needed to link my bank as I only had £33 in my PayPal funds. However, now, after linking my bank, PayPal have taken £33 OUT OF MY BANK ???? Can somebody please explain why they have taken this out of my bank instead of just £2/3 to add it up to the £35 ?!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi geophilips and welcome to the PayPal community,

When you are issuing a refund it works slightly different then when you are sending a payment. If you are sending a payment we can use the funds from your balance and request the remaining amount from your bank. However when you are issuing a refund we would need the full amount of funds to be available on the PayPal balance to issue the refund. If the full amount is not on your PayPal balance then we will request the full amount from your bank account. We do not have the option to part fund (balance and bank account) when a refund is being sent. Apologies if you were not previously aware of this. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.