Opening an account in France

GG4
Contributor
Contributor

I have an account based in UK and I want to open another in France where I live and have a bank account.  How can I open it using the English language?

GG4

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi GC4,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

The PayPal website in France will automatically be in French when you arrive but you can update the display language at the bottom of the page. You should also be able to select your preferred language when opening an account but if you have already opened one, don't worry, you can still update it.

It's easy to change the language of your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile ("gear" icon) at the top of the page.
  3. In "Options," click Edit next to "Language."
  4. Select your preferred language from the drop-down menu.

If you have selected English, the PayPal website and all of our emails will be in English.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Rachael

Is that just for business accounts? Only i have searched all over that page and whilst there is ''account options'' there is no ''language'' to edit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi kernowlass,

This should appear for all accounts. In Account Options box the first thing that should appear is the language. The current language on the account will show in a drop down list where you can change this.

This is however not an option for the UK. At the moment UK accounts can only be viewed in English.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Rachael

Ah ok that explains why i have never seen it, thought i needed new specs !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.