Name Change due to marriage

Loubee04
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to change my name on paypal due to marriage and e-mailed my marriage certificate, but paypal is now saying it needs photo identification , why ? , when i have never sent photo id when signing up for account

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Keels
New Community Member

Hi

I had to do this too.  Very odd!  Even it you weren't who you said you were showing them a picture wouldn't help...you could send any picture!

I didn't question it to be honest, just sent my Driving Licence.  Maybe it's as a backup if you later turn out to be an international money launderer/fraudster   ?

Login to Me Too

Lisa76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  Loube

i just sent off a copy of my passport for this same reason

Have they updated you yet, if so how long didi it take them?

I also want to move funds but scared to as my bank account is in my new name and dont want to cause a hold up

hope to hear from you

Lisa

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

A photo id in your new name is requested as it's a government issued document. And the once the name matches that on your marriage cert then the name change can take place.

Login to Me Too

Lisa76
Contributor
Contributor

hi there i sent it off maybe 10 days ago but nothing, also i e-mailed them about it but again nothing, what should i do??

lisa

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

At this stage, I would contact PayPal customer service directly just to make sure that the documents have been received correctly.  

Login to Me Too

tarotize
Contributor
Contributor

Shouldn't it be enough that the bank account attached has already certified the name change? In my case it has and it may be a while yet before I am able to get an ID issued. I have a passport in my old name and the marriage certificat as proof. I emailed a copy of the marriage certificate a few days ago and never even got a reply... I had to search the forums to find out what was needed for something as basic as a name change. That's pretty poor. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

YOU DON'T NEED TO SEARCH THE FORUMS, ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS GO TO "HELP" TOP OF THIS BOARD (OR ANY PAYPAL PAGE) > PUT IN NAME CHANGE AND YOU GET ALL OF THIS >>>>>>>

How do I change the name on a Personal/ Premier PayPal account?

You can submit a request to change the name on your Personal/ Premier PayPal account for a typographical error or a legal name change (marriage, divorce, legal). We’re unable to change the name on a PayPal account to a different person's name.

Here’s how to change the name on your account:

These steps apply to UK Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. On your 'Summary' page, beside your name, click Edit.
  4. On the 'Name Change' page, select the type of change you would like to make and click Continue.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Depending on the type of change you want to make, you may need to provide some or all of the following documents by uploading or faxing them to us:

• A copy of a valid photo identification showing your new name (a driving licence, a passport, or any other government-issued photo identification)
  • A copy of a court-issued document showing your new name (for example, a marriage certificate or marriage license, a divorce decree, or a deed poll)
  • A copy of a recent statement for the bank account, credit card, or debit card that is listed on your PayPal account, or a recent utility bill, showing your new name and address exactly as they should appear on your PayPal account
  • An email (from the primary email address you've registered with us) clearly stating that you would like to change the name on your account.

We don’t accept files that are sent as email attachments. If you email us attachments, we'll still require you to upload or fax your documents.

Here’s how you upload your documents:

1. Click Upload Files.
  2. Browse for the file(s) you want to upload and click Attach this File.
  3. Click Send Files to PayPal.

Here’s how you fax your documents:

1. Click, Continue to Fax Cover Sheet.
  2. Enter your name, a brief description of your request, and how many pages you are faxing (include the cover sheet as a page).
  3. Click Print Page.
  4. Fax the documents to 08707 303 198.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Evadne
Contributor
Contributor

Had several attempts to book villas, website confusing.  All now booked, accepted, paid for and receipted.  Previous attempts remain in pending.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Evadne

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

Some capture immediately others take a few days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.