How to add US bank account to UK paypal account ?

Elusive
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to add a US bank account to my UK paypal account to withdraw funds.

I've been googling this for a while and learned that it is possible, though I don't know how to do it exactly.

So my question is how could I add a US bank account to my UK paypal, if the 'add account' page only displays the UKbank details format ?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Good question. Yes it does state that you can do this BUT there have been numerous posts on here of folks that can't do this and i have not found an answer yet.

Why not phone customer services and come back and let us know if you manage it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

speakingmusic
New Community Member

Wow - 8 months later and STILL No answer. That's pretty lousy response time. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi speakingmusic,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for your post.

Apologies for a long response time.

Adding US bank account to PayPal account is possible in all countries supported by PayPal which have ability to add/use bank account.

To do so just simply place cursor over 'Profile' and choose 'Add bank' option.

Next step is to choose country of bank by clicking on a little arrow next to that option.

Set it up to US and you will be able to insert bank account number in US format.

Please note that only bank accounts opened in US will be accepted.

Hope it helps:)

Happy Easter!

Anna

Login to Me Too

dhannah
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to add my US bank account to my UK pay pal account and it will only allow me to add a UK bank. I have tried emailing customer services several times but the automated response is of no help. I know it can be done as I have a friend who has a UK pay pal account who has her UK and US bank accounts listed.

I tried the suggestion above but there is no option to click on a little arrow to choose USA.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I believe from the post of another U.S user that you have to contact customer services and they will add it for you >>>

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.