How Do I Cancel A Withdrawal?

rezoonicz
New Community Member

Hello Paypal Communinty,

I have a problem regarding my withdrawal in Paypal to my Bank Account. My bank rejects the payment for the invalid information i have. By the way, I used my mother's bank account to withdraw. It was late when i realized that somehow, Paypal disapproves such transaction, can i still cancel the withdrawal? 

Thanks and God Bless

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_paula

Hi rezoonicz, 

If the withdrawal is showing as completed we are unable to cancel the withdrawal as it means that the funds have already left PayPal to be processed by your bank. 

If your bank rejects the payment the funds will be added to your PayPal balance and you can then initiate the withdrawal using the correct information. 

I hope this helps

Paula 

Login to Me Too

helloweedug
Contributor
Contributor

I think i have a similar situation, I just realised i had with drawn 2 amounts from paypal into my savings acount, the problem is the savings account was closed last week.

Will the money just turn up again in my paypal account? How long do you think it will take?

Do you think its worth visiting my bank?

cheers helloweedug 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi helloweedug, 

If you have initiated a withdrawal to a bank account that has been closed, the funds will be returned to your PayPal balance. Once they have been returned you can then withdraw them to the correct bank account. The timeframe for this can vary from bank to bank, some can be returned by 7 working days. 

To cover the costs of failed bank withdrawals, PayPal charges a fee of 50p. 

I hope this helps answer your post

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Devoe123
New Community Member

I just realized I transferrthe money from my PayPal to the wrong bank account $260. I need to stop this ASAP. The  transaction is showing up as pending so if I call Paypal will they be able to cancel it?

Login to Me Too

Denic
I need to cancel a withdraw. How do I go by that? The status still says pending.
Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

phone there customer services and they can cancel the withdrawal

Login to Me Too

usagi318
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot that I renewed my card. And the one I have on my Paypal has the expiry date and card numbers renewed. Acct number is still the same,just the atm card numbers and expiry date. The balance being returned is for sure?

Can I call the bank to check if they received the notice and ask them to reject? Or need to ask them directly if they do that?
Login to Me Too

kd06
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, My card number has been renewed too, and I forgot to change it on my Paypal account. The transaction is now completed. Will the money be refunded for sure?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi kd06,

Welcome to the PayPal community and what a great question to start with.

If the card registered on your PayPal account has not been updated, the bank will have a process in place to ensure you will still receive the refund.

If you need any further information regarding this, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.