Funds from eBay are being held? Why?

Mjjones134
New Community Member

I've been using ebay for years and got 100% positive feedback, never had any problems. I sold something recently and the payment is "being held" and it says the release date is July 27th, but I can't wait that long as I need the money now. They should not be allowed to do this without warning us first! I wouldn't have used eBay or Paypal if I had known I wouldn't be able to use the money today. The whole reason people pay P&P costs on Ebay and other websites, is so the seller can then USE that money to package and post. If we can't get the money out, how are we supposed to pay to package and post the items?!

I don't want to sign up to anything new or start any new 'plans' or anything, I want to know how to get my money out in the next 24 hours. Please!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Mjjones134,

Thank you for contacting the PyaPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system reviews every transaction before it is released. If you have received a payment and this has been placed on a temporary hold, you can check here how to speed up the review https://goo.gl/BmIQsk.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.