Adding money from banking account and not showing on my paypal account

Sharn_davies
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I logged onto my bank account so I could pay money into my paypal account.
I tried paying 2 payments totally £59.

Thing is the 2 payments have not shown on my paypal account.

Usually when I transfer money from my bank account to paypal, it usually takes no more than 1 to 2 minutes (5 minutes at most).

Its been at 18 hours now since I did the 1st of the 2 payments.

Does anyone know why the payments have not been put into my account?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

i would contact customer services and ask them as they can view your account details.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sharn_davies
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass, I have already contacted paypal and they will look into it as they dont know what is happening

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but you did not say you had already contacted customer services in your opening post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sharn_davies
Contributor
Contributor

The reason I didnt mention in first pos was I contacted paypal after I posted my 1st post.

Its been 48 hours now and still no sign of my money

Login to Me Too

Steezy
Contributor
Contributor

A lot of people are having this issue as well. Someone just informed me Paypal know about this problem, which started occuring last night. Supposedly they will try and sort it out today and worst case scenario the money will be moved back into your bank, at least so I've heard. I also initiated a trace on it when I spoke to Paypal on the phone.

Login to Me Too

morris1986
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing this same issue. Apparently there was a "technical issue" on the website on Wednesday morning... I have £12 missing from my balance and NatWest have confirmed my money was sent to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Steezy
Contributor
Contributor

Just got off the phone with Paypal again. The woman went and spoke to someone she works with, who repeatedly reassured me the money would hit everyones accounts by 5:30pm GMT. This is the last chance as I moved money over Monday night. Going to have to wait a couple hours and see...

Login to Me Too

Kev6
Contributor
Contributor

See this thread:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Adding-and-withdrawing-money/deposit-money-from-bank-acc-not-sho...

100's of customers have had thge same problem. Call Centre Manager said the official Resolution SLA is 16th April!!!

I have logged a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman. See my posting in the above thread (page 5)

Kev

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.