Adding bank accounts from different countries

tokyonights7
New Community Member

Hello,

I'd like to add my Canadian bank account to Paypal, but I am not given the option when I am asked to choose my bank's country. (The two options I am given are the UK and USA.) 

Is there any way of adding a bank account that isn't British or American to a British Paypal account?

Thank you,

Heather

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there tokyonights7,

I'm afraid not, the only bank accounts you can add to a UK account is a UK one or a US one. The US account is down to the fact we are a US company. All countries can only add a local bank account.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

GilliganMeep
New Community Member
Can I add a UK account to my US PayPal then?
Login to Me Too

CNDgirlUK
New Community Member

Over a year later and still the same thing... Can you hook up two PayPal account in different countries, then?

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

you can have two paypal accounts in two countries. then you can transfer funds between the two

Login to Me Too

McVitas
Contributor
Contributor

and what if I don't live in that other country thus don't have a valid postal address to fill in? Would that be a problem?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi McVitas, 

Welcome to the UK community and thank you for posting. 

I am afraid that you can only open a PayPal account in the country in which you live in. So you would need to fill in an address where you live on the PayPal account. As the user agreement is different per country you can only accept this for the country you live in.

I hope this information explains it a bit better for you :).

Dian 

Login to Me Too

McVitas
Contributor
Contributor

allright I thought so. I was just a bit confused because of Sirhugo who suggested it before.

Login to Me Too

minquig
Contributor
Contributor

That's a terrible system.

Peple move around. A LOT.

This system is kind of stuck in the 90s.

Sorry but just have to say that.

Login to Me Too

pmdci
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

The fact that PayPal does not allow one user to add bank accounts from different counries is a terrible system, which puts dual nationals at a disadvantage.

I live in one country half of the year, and then at another country the other half of the year. What to do in this case?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.