cant change card details help me

i recently had to replacce my meastro cards becaouse i lost them so i need change card details on pay pal and everytime i try delete my old card it says cant do it becaouse transaction in progress but i have things to pay for and its been saying this for 2 weeks now so what do i do about it

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_david

Hi there Jayofcastleford,

If you are facing difficulties when trying to remove your card from your account, you should try contacting customer services and we can investigate it further on your behalf. When you contact us, we should be able to remove the card from your account for you.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

bob101029
New Community Member

New card from Santander due to expiry of old card.

New card number & new pin number allocated.

Have been unable to make the necessary changes. Any help much appreciated

Geriatric Bob.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi bob101029,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting!

When you are issued a new card from your bank, I’d recommend adding it onto PayPal as a new card. Our system doesn’t know if your card is a replacement card for the one already registered with us.  

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My money’.
  4. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘Debit and credit cards’.
  5. Click ‘Add a Card’.
  6. Select the ‘Card Type’ and enter the required information.
  7. Click ‘Add Card’.

Once the new card is on your PayPal account, you can remove the old one. I hope this helps and please repost to let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Maria 

Login to Me Too

abdelabubakr43
New Community Member

trixiebarron
Contributor
Contributor

I have add ths problem for a year or better (same error message). The card was compromised and cancelled and a new card was added. I shouldn't have to call to remove it. Ggggrrrrr....  There is nothing pending on this card as it is long gone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.