Wrong delivery address being used with iPhone app ebay orders

RaggyDan
New Community Member

I'm having a nightmare with the wrong delivery address being selected when I place orders via ebay and pay with PayPal. I often send birthday presents directly to the recipients by adding their address when I checkout on eBay.  The problem I have is that in subsequent orders that are meant to be sent to my home address, the previous address I used is automatically selected without my knowledge.  My 6 year old nephew is going to be receiving a garden bench cushion for his birthday!

I don't have this issue when using eBay/PayPal on my computer - it's only when I use the iPhone app.  Can anyone how I can stop this happening?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

bayshop4u
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem with the iPhone Paypal app. the solution after many weeks of investigation was to delete the address from your eBay account. Log into My eBay, go to Account, select Addresses. Then view all addresses. This will show your all addresses linked to your eBay and Paypal account. Now you can delete the incorrect addresses.

Hope this helps.

Donald

Login to Me Too

nightwalker
New Community Member

Hi

I got these same problem, plus its mixes my brothers account in my Iphone and he never used my phone app to made an order, and in his Iphone, its the same problem, he made an order and was send to my address, and I NEVER used his phone to made any order, I dont trust these APP, hope these app dont mixed any other unknow user with my personal information.

Login to Me Too

maily
Contributor
Contributor

OOPH Glad I'm not the only one as well. I've been trying to have a rogue delivery address deleted for the last month, it doesn't come up on my preference page anymore on the Paypal site and it isn't in my liste of addresses on Ebay but it still comes up on the Paypal transaction page as the delivery address. Have already lost 2 items that where sent to an address in another country where I'm unknown. No success with Paypal after at least  5 e-mails and 2 conversations on the phone. Paypal says it's Ebay's problem and vice versa a game of ping-pong between the two of them. This rogue address I compare  to a parasite logged in the guts of the Paypal informatic system nourishing on the '' details of transaction'' page and by consequence also on our nerves, it's need an extremely high dosed enema   delivered by Paypal to let it lose it's grip  an leave it's cosy home in Paypal country.

If anyone has a solution I'd be pleased to hear of it as I'm fed up of sending

messages to sellers telling them to ignore this rogue delivery address

that comes up on the Paypal site when I've bought an item on Ebay.Woman Frustrated

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.