Unable to change my name

PayPal_lucy

Here is a question I received recently.

Due to being separated from my husband I decided to revert to my maiden name, unfortunately I do not have a bank account in my chosen name, and everything legal is still in my married name, despite having 100% feedback from the people I have been buying from and eBay being as helpful as they can, I am getting no help from pay pal to help resolve this matter, just standard computer answers, if there is any way I can resolve this please let me know

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_lucy

Hey Melanie, as PayPal is registered as a bank, for security reasons there is a certain process involved that has to be followed when changing your name.

The only way you can change your name on a PayPal account is by providing legal documents to show your name has been changed. By legal documents I mean a valid photo ID with your new name i.e., driver’s license, passport or other state or government issued photo ID and a copy of the court-issued document showing your name change (e.g., marriage certificate-licence, divorce decree, deed poll).

The financial information on your account also has to match up with the name on your account. For example if you change your name on the PayPal account and not with your bank/card issuer, your bank or card may be denied and you could have trouble sending payments.

If you click here it will bring you to the name change process on the PayPal website.

I hope this clarifies the process for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.