This transaction will appear on your bill as "PayPal *NAME OF YOUR COMPANY".

waterbridge
New Community Member

Greetings. I want to change the words that appear after the * in the title of this post, that is, NAME OF COMPANY.

On the "confirmation" page of the Paypal process (on which you must click the button in order to actually make your donation) our donors see:

"This transaction will appear on your bill as "PayPal *NAME OF COMPANY"." However, the name of our organization has changed and we successfully changed that name in the "My Business Info" section of My Profile, but the words on the receipt do not/have not changed. 

I am not talking about the option where the donor themself may change the name for the transaction, but our need to have the words in this sentence reflect the actual name of our organization. It must be possible to change; can someone tell me how?

Thanks, 

k

WaterBridge Outreach

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming you have a Business Account.

Login to your PayPal Account.

Click on the Profile link.

Click on My Selling Tools

Under Selling Online

Look for :Credit card statement name

Click on Update

Look for: The Credit Card Statement Name is the name that will appear on your customers' credit card statements.

Make your change according to the noted instructions and Save.

Note, the steps may be exact but, do explain what to look for.

Login to Me Too

VM222
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for posting that info,

We have a business account and have changed the credit card statement name as described but when we try to checkout (using a personal PayPal account) we don't see our company name as entered - we just see an abreviated version of the name used to create the account.

Is the name change instant or does it take time to show up on the system?

The only other thing we can think of is that our business account hasn't somehow been activated - we see all the merchant options however (email and checkout page customisations/templates, third party API access etc) so assume it's a business account?

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated

Regards,

Ben

Login to Me Too

VM222
Contributor
Contributor

Never mind,

After a 38 minute phone call where I was tranferred 4 times to 3 different countries (with that silly voice recognition system failing to recognise my 6 digit support code or account details twice) - I ended up having an impossible to understand conversation complete with difficult accent and 4 second delay, to a tech support guy in India who thinks it's a technical issue.

Just waiting for him to call me back - I hope I never have to contact PayPal via phone again!

Cheers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.