No gift address option.

Dorpz
New Community Member

Hello, I am wanting to add a gift address so I can buy my friend something off eBay.

I have read some guides on how to do it but when I go for the "Add Address" option there is not "Gift Address" option or anything on them lines.

Both my address and my friend's address is in the United Kingdom.

If anyone knows why I don't have a gift address option please tell me.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Dorpz,

Thanks for posting your query on the UK Community forum!

If you are trying to add a gift address on eBay, you can do so on the payment review screen. When you see the delivery address on the top left of the page, you should have the option to change the address here by clicking on the link. Alternatively, you can add the address through your PayPal account by clicking on “Profile” and “My details”.

Hope this helps,

Maria 

Login to Me Too

stephanieleephd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you can add another address in "my details" but you cannot put someone elses name ahead of it.

This means the present will go to "yourname" at their address which is not what is wanted.

Login to Me Too

TedsMum12
Contributor
Contributor

This is what is happening to ME too!

I go to Profile - then My Details, then Address/Update, then Add Address - but all that comes up is the option to add another address for MYSELF - NOT A GIFT ADDRESS, with someone else's name as the recipient!

I used the one on the payment preview on another occasion in the past - all it did was wipe my OWN name and address off my account and put that one in it's place which was not what I was trying to do!  Then I had a LOT of trouble trying to change it back to my original one. I will never use this method again as a result!

WHY doesn't the Add a Gift Address WORK?  Three of us attempted to Add a Gift Address yesterday and none of us got the option as detailed at PayPal! 

If PayPal wants us to buy through them, particularly at this time of year, they need to make sure we can have things sent directly to friends - especially with today's postage being exhorbitantly high.   Ebay sellers want this, as they are told expressly to only deliver items to the PayPal address but this is very inconvenient to Buyers if there is no facility to Add a Gift Address that WORKS.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi TedsMum12, 

I do regret to hear that this is not working for you, May I suggest that you add the address to your eBay account and when paying for your item choose this address to have your item shipped to. 

You can do this in the "my eBay" section. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

stephanieleephd
Contributor
Contributor

Again this only will work with ebay, we need something that will work with other sellers who accept paypal and ship only to whichever name and address paypal provides to them. We need to be able to change both NAME and ADDRESS of recipient via paypal in order to send gifts to friends and family.

Login to Me Too

Hamad69
New Community Member
I feel you my friend I live in Saudi Arabia. I have a shipping address located in the US (when I buy anything it ships to that address) I've been using this method for 3 years with no problems. Since they canceled the gift address I no longer can ship to my address there because all dealers need a certified name. I longer
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.