Disgusting quality of service after attempt to update email address of account failed

Martin_OShea
Contributor
Contributor
I logged into my PayPal account to change its email address on the afternoon of Sunday 04 03 2018. But for whatever reason during this process my account became disassociated with the old and new email accounts.

However, I then tried to contact your customer contact number 0800 358 7911 to try to talk to a human agent to correct the problem. After several calls of mine were blocked by the virtual agent administering your phone system, I was left 'hanging on' for some 40 minutes, after which time I abandoned the call. During this time, there was no indication from you that I was in a queue, that there were x number of people ahead of me in said queue or any indication of time pending until my call would be answered. Add to this the most annoying 'tinny' music over and over again.

In the end I had to call another number under the pretext of making a complaint before I was actually able to speak to someone who actually resolved the problem. Since the original email of mine describing these events posted on Sunday 04 03 2018 to your Message Centre, I have heard nothing from you except for a questionnaire. Accordingly, the purpose of this message is to file a formal complaint about what I regard as a disgusting level of service encountered.

Moreover, I would also like to have PayPal pay for the phone call to the 0800 358 7911 number assuming that it not a free phone line, believe a more tangible compensation should be offered as well as information to the extent that such utterly unjustifiable level of service is something I never encounter again.

Please advise.

Martin O'Shea.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.