Can't activate bank account.

jahad
Contributor
Contributor

Having trouble activating bank account. PayPal said they're going to deposit £0.01 in my bank account and it may take up to 2 hours, I've waited longer than 2 hours and nothing has yet to arrive. I've requested a new code but still nothing. Please help!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

_newt_
Contributor
Contributor

you may need to wait 2-3 day.. have a read of this, it should explain it to you..
 https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/How-do-I-confirm-my-bank-account-FAQ686
 🙂

Login to Me Too

jahad
Contributor
Contributor

I have already waited a couple days, I requested a new code again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jahad

Are you adding a UK bank account to a UK paypal account?

Is it a bank that paypal accept?

Are you adding your bank account or a debit card?

Only you SHOULD NOT have to wait 2-3 days for a code for your bank account, you only wait that time when you link a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jahad
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am with TSB, I'm adding my bank account, I've already added my debit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jahad

Then you are right it should only be a couple of hours.

I would give customer services a call if the code has not arrived by the morning and they can see if there is any problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jahad
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, thank you.

Login to Me Too

jahad
Contributor
Contributor

All the details have been entered correctly. In my paypal wallet, it's asking me to confirm with the 4 digit code to my bank account which I have not yet received.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.