Added a new bank account but need to set up DD

glasbury
Contributor
Contributor

Our charity has changed bank accounts, so I added the new account to Paypal, confirmed the account with the code and set it to be the primary account. But I now can't use it for any payments or refunds as the account is labelled with "You can withdraw money from your PayPal account into this bank account. You cannot use it to fund any PayPal payments because the bank account is not set up for Direct Debit." I can't see how to set up the new account for Direct Debit, I've tried the help system but nothing seems to relate to what I see on the screen. The account is set up as a charity account, which I guess is a type of business account? Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi glasbury,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

It sounds like the direct debit mandate has been declined by the bank and issued for withdrawal purposes only. You will need to remove the bank account, re-add it to your PayPal Account and complete the confirmation again.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.