requesting copy of driver's license and social security card

akadonna
Contributor
Contributor

Our son says when he logs into his PayPal account, he is instructed to fax a copy of his driver's license and a copy of his social security card.  He was trying to withdraw the $100 that was in his account.  He does not believe it is a spoof site because he says it was not from a link in an email.  Anyone else ever encounter this, or any suggestions???

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jaci

PayPal is turning into a scam.  They want my banking info for me to use them any more.  I called and the person I talked to was in another country.  Beware.  I would NOT send my driver's license and social security card to ANYONE!!!!  Someone needs to contact the Attorney General or some other agency  about  PayPal.  They are over the top on what they are now doing.  I think it stinks!

Login to Me Too

I went through the same thing. Our Paypal debit card expired and since we use a P. O. Box, they wouldn't send a new card to it.  I sent them a copy of my husbands drivers license and social card. Nope that wasn't enough, then they wanted a copy of a w2 and a utility bill. I sent them that and they said everything was ok. Thats been over a week ago. After numerous calls to them, they told me not to worry, all was well. Today I got online and tried to see whether or not they had approved my debit card and finally found the right area and guess what?  It was DENIED. My husband is going to blow a gasket today when he gets home. They have put us through sheer **bleep**, and I'd like to know if anyone else has this problem.  I'm thinking about calling my attorney. This is crazy, I don't know who is running this show, but I wish someone would open another company, cause I sure would join them.......

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.