can i link 1 credit card with 2 paypal accounts for verification

youngj240
Contributor
Contributor

hello, will i be able to link one credit card and bank account to two different paypal accounts for complete verification. for example, what if i verified one paypal account with my credit card will i be able to verify the other with the same credit card. also if i do will i be limitied later on for violating paypals rules or something?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello youngj240,

Welcome to the boards!

You would be able to link your bank and or credit card to one PayPal account at a time. 

You also have the option of applying for the PayPal Smart Connect, Bill Me Later, the PayPal Extras MasterCard or the eBay MasterCard to get verified! 

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

youngj240
Contributor
Contributor

so you cant link 1 credit card to two paypal accounts and if not why???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

youngj240,

For security reasons we only allow a credit card to be registered to one account at a time.  However, you can add link up to 8 credit cards to a single PayPal account. 

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

youngj240
Contributor
Contributor

but why would someone link multiple credit cards onto one paypal account???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

youngj240-

Being able to add up to 8 credit cards to your account allows you to securely store your financial information. 

Let's say you decide to use a different card in the future, it's already on the account---all you need to do is select it! 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

barrytking
New Community Member

My wife and I only have 1 (one) credit card that we use. I use it rather frequently for e-bay and half.com with paypal. My wife recently opened an etsy store, and would like to link the same credit card. I understand the current policy, and it makes sense, but i was curious if there was any way around it.

Thanks,

Barry

Login to Me Too

therealmrhoss
New Community Member

The moderator won't tell you the real reason.

This allows PayPay to arbitrarily limit an account and force you to comply to their requests.

It's easy to start a new PayPal account under a different email account but PayPal knows most people do not want to go through the trouble of requesting a new card number.  So when the PayPal/Ebay cabal limits and freezes your account, like you are Kaddaffy, you have no recourse but to give up your personal information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.